Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this great message board and a new XD owner (.40 Service). The gun was chosen in part because it was used and thus a great buy, and because of Chuck Taylor's review. I also wanted more firepower. I traded in my Glock 19 (9mm). While I have my own opinions, I am very much interested in hearing others' specific opinions in the Glock/XD debate.

Thanks and glad to be aboard!

·
Premium Member
5,749 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Both brands have pluses depending on the shooter. I think what you'll get from the members of this forum is whatever ever works best for you, is what you should go with. Just that simple!
Happy Shooting :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
If you ask on this forum I think you will get pro XD opinions, and if you post on the Glock forum you will get pro Glock opinions. It just kinda works out that way.
That said I bought my first Glock over ten years ago, it came with 2-15rd mags and you could buy all you wanted for about $24 ea.
I bougt my first XD, a Service Model about two years ago, and now I have three XDs and I put another one on layaway on last week. (I think they might be part rabbit) :shock: .
I use an XD40 Tactical for USPSA Production division (finished third in the state this year), XD40 Service as a carry gun, and a XD40 Sub-Compact as a backup to my service model. The one on layaway is an OD XD40 Service that will stay home for the family to use.

So my opinion would be that I like XDs better then Glocks, but thats just me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We are issued Glock-17's, but I choose to carry my XD-9 with a X200 light. I think both weapons are good solid pistols. Here is what I have found.
The xd is more ergonomic and points better
I like the Glock sights better
The Glock trigger is crisper when it recocks
I have small hands so the XD fits me better. I also like the weight of the XD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts