Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
:roll:

I saw that about a week ago. It is very funny.

FYI, thats at the USAFA, not field training, OTS, or basic training.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Man_In_Camo said:
:roll:

I saw that about a week ago. It is very funny.

FYI, thats at the USAFA, not field training, OTS, or basic training.
C'mon! You know its not hard.

... I just watched it. Too hilarious. :D

·
Registered
823 Posts
I saw a stripper in a joint near Chicago do that same routine a few years ago, I wonder if she's his sister, or mom.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I guess they do not have enough PT to have this much energy. Makes me wonder about their academics too.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
air force basic = salute school. Many dont even touch a gun

·
Registered
31 Posts
well being in the air force i dont think its fair for everyone to bash on us. i build bombs and missiles all day every day. I just got back from pakistan and I carried an m-4 everyday. had to charge it a few times but never had to fire. just because we arent the army or marines doesnt mean we dont go through tough training or get in the ****. wish i couldve taken my XD with me though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
NExd said:
Nah, everyone who graduates AF basic gets at least a day of arms training with the M-16 (probably M-4 now) and the M-9. I was also a courier, so I spent the day shooting officially every 6 months or so.

Of course, I had a pile of personal guns and shot them all the time, too.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
HardRockXD said:
well being in the air force i dont think its fair for everyone to bash on us. i build bombs and missiles all day every day. I just got back from pakistan and I carried an m-4 everyday. had to charge it a few times but never had to fire. just because we arent the army or marines doesnt mean we dont go through tough training or get in the ****. wish i couldve taken my XD with me though.
BASH BASH BASH :lol:

On the bright side, the air force is starting to train support guys (supply, ordnance, mechanics) to pull permanent convoy security duty in iraq. That would put you squarely "in the ****".

·
Registered
40 Posts
We don't all sit at desks, and for every USAF guy at a desk, I'm pretty damn sure there's an Army guy at a similar desk doing similar work.

Our combat arm is dropping bombs, not ground pounding. We soften up the target before you go in.

You want to make fun of the AF b/c a larger % of us use our brains? Go ahead. I'll go back to my AC room w/cable. You enjoy your tent. :roll:

-Signed knowitall pilot hopefull 3rd generation military 4th year AFROTC cadet ;)

Air Power :!:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Man_In_Camo said:
We don't all sit at desks, and for every USAF guy at a desk, I'm pretty damn sure there's an Army guy at a similar desk doing similar work.

Our combat arm is dropping bombs, not ground pounding. We soften up the target before you go in.

You want to make fun of the AF b/c a larger % of us use our brains? Go ahead. I'll go back to my AC room w/cable. You enjoy your tent. :roll:

-Signed knowitall pilot hopefull 3rd generation military 4th year AFROTC cadet ;)

Air Power :!:
Don't get mad, 'Toine. I was just breaking your balls.

Although, if you truly believe that "a larger % of us use our brains", then you've confirmed the stereotype that many combat arms have of the AF being a bunch of ignorant elitists. Don't equate relative comfort and safety with intelligence, and don't believe for a second that infantrymen are stupid. Ever try to earn the expert infantryman badge, pass the slingload phase of air assault school, perform night land navigation in MOPP 4, or complete the pathfinder school? They've volunteered to perform a service far more dangerous than you, and are some of the smartest people you can meet. There's a few running around here; ask them. In addition, there are many soldiers performing the exact same duties of airmen as you've said, but under far more austere conditions.

But seriously, I was just kidding with you anyway.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Coming from another soon to be commissioned Army LT, lets all just admit that 99% of the time ALL services like to keep it to the "KISS" principle regardless of what your doing..

·
Registered
40 Posts
NiK said:
I actually respect all branches equally.

Most of my post was busting balls, but standing up for my service branch as well, thats why I signed it the way I did. Much of my family is prior service, Uncle served 3 tours in Vietname in the late 60's, USMC, My grandfather spent 20 odd years in the Army, including WW2, Korean War, and my father put in 26 years in the USAF

I have friends in every branch, and in jobs such as infantry grunt, infantry commander (2dLt, USMC) to N.B.C. specialst (2dLt, Army) and pilot(USAF) and then I have a buddy enlisted in the Navy, but I don't know what he does. I also have a buddy who graduated from the US Merchant Marine Academy also - but I don't know what he really does

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Man_In_Camo said:
NiK said:
I actually respect all branches equally.

Most of my post was busting balls, but standing up for my service branch as well, thats why I signed it the way I did. Much of my family is prior service, Uncle served 3 tours in Vietname in the late 60's, USMC, My grandfather spent 20 odd years in the Army, including WW2, Korean War, and my father put in 26 years in the USAF

I have friends in every branch, and in jobs such as infantry grunt, infantry commander (2dLt, USMC) to N.B.C. specialst (2dLt, Army) and pilot(USAF) and then I have a buddy enlisted in the Navy, but I don't know what he does. I also have a buddy who graduated from the US Merchant Marine Academy also - but I don't know what he really does
Good for you, and the better for all of us. Good air support = happy soldiers. Aim high! (You're still using that one these days, right? :wink: )

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Infidel#1 said:
NExd said:
Everyone in the USAF is M16 qualified upon leaving basic and remains so during their time in active duty.
Yeah, I did that in AF boot camp, '78. My "M-16" was a .22LR conversion. The stock was stamped "Mattel". No Kidding! Everybody shot 100 rounds at a silouhette target. If you had a crappy shooter next to you, your target got over 100 shots through it and you could get a marksmanship ribbon.

BUT...Here's why the AF makes sense: The low-pay guys send the high-pay guys into combat...not the other way around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts