Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Aimtech has not released the mount yet, Natchez probably updated their website from information from the shot show.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Pictures of mine with a red dot located here:
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?p=223815#223815

I have a glock scope mount on mine. With slight modifications that took maybe 5 minutes, you too can have one. All you need is to file down the scope mount on the inside of the part that covers the top of the dust cover/slide. The trigger pin mount does not fit, but if you want can be made to fit. You don't really need it though, mine is secured VERY tightly to the frame via the TIGHT fit on the front mount. It takes a lot of muscle to get the mount off. With repeated removal and re installation, the thing stays pretty much dead on target, which is pretty cool.

Sight acquistion is super fast. Everyone who has shot it loves it. I have put a large number of rounds thru it with no problems, and, bear in mind mine is ported so I have the flames and gases going right in front of the red dot scope.

You can pick one up on ebay, I think I paid about 75 $ for mine, not certain.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
You could always go this route too. This is my wifes gun, ported barrel is enroute as of first of next week.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Why? It will only fail you when you need it the most and it is not practical for CCW anyway. Better to spend the money on ammo to practice.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
manygunner said:
Why? It will only fail you when you need it the most and it is not practical for CCW anyway. Better to spend the money on ammo to practice.
Some people use their guns for target practice or competition only. Others, as myself have multiple guns for different purposes.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Yeah, I am the type whose guns always pull double duty. They are all for possible confrontation termination or just for fun. Taking my CZ-75 to a tactical match tomorrow, I can already feel those Glocks quaking in their holsters.

·
Registered
107 Posts
manygunner said:
Why would it fail you when you need it most? And also, how can it fail? The worst thing that can happen is that it dies and the red dot disappears. So what? You can still see your target and see through the glass. Lots of guns are not practical for CCW regardless of anything they have on them. Not all guns are made for CCW.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
glfpunk said:
manygunner said:
Why would it fail you when you need it most? And also, how can it fail? The worst thing that can happen is that it dies and the red dot disappears. So what? You can still see your target and see through the glass. Lots of guns are not practical for CCW regardless of anything they have on them. Not all guns are made for CCW.
Because it makes the whole weapon more complicated, therefore more prone to failure. Murphy's Law #1 - If anything can go wrong it will. The more complex a system is mechanically or optically the more prone it is to a failure. Sure you can see the target through the glass, but where is your aimpoint? The iron sights will probably be blocked by the mount. Also your optics can lose their zero, making them fairly useless for any precision (I find most red dot/panoramic type optics fairly useless in a accuracy dept anyway even if they are working right, especially for long range). Do what you want, I am just pointing out that I do not believe in this approach.

Also, all of my handguns are possible CCW weapons and I have carried them all at one time or another in this role. I do not believe in a gun one can not use for defense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts