Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one experience blurriness when trying to aim when you're wearing bifocals? If so how did you work it out?

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
Yes, either the front sight or the target is in focus, but never both.
And what should be in focus is your front sight.

I wear progressives, and I don't have issues; I just let the target blur and focus on the front sight.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I had shooting bifocals cut with the bottom section cut high, meaning the close vision portion of the lens is the majority of the lens with the top portion for the distance vision cut smaller. With my head in a neutral position my vision is focused for the front sight.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I wear progressive lenses too, and also contact lenses other times. My reading vision is non-existent with my contacts. I find I can only wear the contacts in a well lit range.

With my progressives I can use the distance to get the target, and then tilt my head back a bit to see the front sight better.

Of course this was all before my retinal detachment last month. I'm just barely getting sight back in my right eye, and it's not so good. Another month or so and hopefully I can get an exam and a new prescription.

I like the idea Old4Eyes did with a set made for shooting.

I do not use just my glasses for safety. I got a pair of over-the-glasses safety's for shooting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just had a pair cut with the reading on the top. This mean I tilt my head down to see the front sight instead of back.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Near sighted, with a bad astigmatism, I don't use my glasses when I shoot, but I can barely see a 12" gong at 100yds, it's a multi-image mess and I can't really target it. Close up I'm ok, when I want to bullseye at 25yds or so I have a shooting glasses lens with an aperture for the right eye.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the site, first post. I am shooting with progressive lenses now, fixing to turn fifty. The only option for me is to focus on the front sight, the back sights and target are blurred but it works. This is how I was taught to shoot anyway but things are much blurrier now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts