Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched XDTALK but the only Aguila threads I can find were related to a different bullet and the conversations were more about the lighter bullet and velocity and why would anyone buy that.

None of the XDTALK threads really had any comment about the general quality of the ammunition. So I wondered if its any good. Its $9.95 a box at AIM Surplus but with shipping its only marginally cheaper than I can get locally. If I buy 1000 rounds with shipping it becomes worthwhile, but I don't want to buy that much ammo if its problematic.

I've searched the rest of the interwebs and there are the love/hate threads just as there are with any brand of ammunition. So, is it worth the $190 gamble to get 1000 rounds or just stick to the $12.95 boxes of PMC from the local store.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
It's not my first choice but I've shot hundreds in 9mm and 45ACP and never had any problems. It's basically Remington that's manufactured in Mexico I believe.

Edit: I noticed that they have PMC for $195 per 1000. If that the stuff you're used to, its only $5 more...

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Back when I reloaded I would buy Aguila 9mm and the brass was some of the best I ever used for loading my own......

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edit: I noticed that they have PMC for $195 per 1000. If that the stuff you're used to, its only $5 more...
I know, but they're sold out of PMC and the Aguila is the only 9mm they have in brass. The other 9mm is steel and the store I bought my XDm from said any ammo in brass should be fine but avoid the steel stuff because that means the powder is cheap and will wear out the gun faster (or something like that).

For practice the store recommended the PMC and for carry they sold me on Hornady. But the PMC at Aim Surplus is about $3 a box cheaper than my local store (till they sold out). Which is why I was considering the Aguila which is even cheaper.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I know, but they're sold out of PMC and the Aguila is the only 9mm they have in brass. The other 9mm is steel and the store I bought my XDm from said any ammo in brass should be fine but avoid the steel stuff because that means the powder is cheap and will wear out the gun faster (or something like that).

For practice the store recommended the PMC and for carry they sold me on Hornady. But the PMC at Aim Surplus is about $3 a box cheaper than my local store (till they sold out). Which is why I was considering the Aguila which is even cheaper.
I got ya. I didn't notice that it was sold out.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Don't worry about Aguila. If you're feeding an XD or XDm it'll work just fine. The only problem I know of with Aguila is with the 22LR. It leads up the 22 conversion kit for the AR something terrible.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've searched XDTALK but the only Aguila threads I can find were related to a different bullet and the conversations were more about the lighter bullet and velocity and why would anyone buy that.

None of the XDTALK threads really had any comment about the general quality of the ammunition. So I wondered if its any good. Its $9.95 a box at AIM Surplus but with shipping its only marginally cheaper than I can get locally. If I buy 1000 rounds with shipping it becomes worthwhile, but I don't want to buy that much ammo if its problematic.

I've searched the rest of the interwebs and there are the love/hate threads just as there are with any brand of ammunition. So, is it worth the $190 gamble to get 1000 rounds or just stick to the $12.95 boxes of PMC from the local store.
Check out my thread here. Blazer Brass or PMC only $9.99. Both have great rep. Best thing only $12.00 to ship per 1000 rounds. Aimsurplus.com cant come anywhere near that shipping cost ($41.18 to California)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts