Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"AGrip" was recently recommended to me by another member of this forum to help with the "slippery grip" problem I was having when shooting. Anyone else have any experience with these? Also, I'd like to see some pics of it on your XD if you got em. Thanks

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Strategically placed skateboard tape works for me.

Why pay for a name?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just put one on my SC and works great. I was a little skeptical at first but after using it at the range I would give it two thumbs up. I didn't want to go with something as rough as skateboard tape.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
I just put one on my SC and works great. I was a little skeptical at first but after using it at the range I would give it two thumbs up. I didn't want to go with something as rough as skateboard tape.

Let me say i before someone else does. What's wrong got girly hands? come on man get a grip already! :) Ok just playing with you.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hmmm, I never had that problem despite small hands.

Of course I was voted "Person with the Most Callused Hands" in high school, edging out my buddy who worked in a butcher shop :)

How does it work?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i love grip tape!!! the only problem is after you put on your xd you will want to put it on everything

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hmm...no luck with the ladies in high school then?

:mrgreen:
Nope. I had lots of luck with weights, chainsaws, axes, machetes, horses, and short and long guns though. I only weighed 120lbs when I graduated but I could bench press 200 and deliver a bone-crushing handshake.

Now I still weigh 120lbs and have a little more luck with the ladies now that I'm at LSU.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
I've got it on my compact 45 and LOVE it, works like a champ. When I first started shooting my 45 I was having some issues with slippery hands too, sweat was causing me to have to readjust my grip every other shot. Texas ranges can get a tad warm during most months of the year. lol Read about the Agrip and decided to jump on it, loved it so much I bought one for my H&K Compact 9 to replace the Hogue grip. The only maintenance you need to do is brush the grip every so often to 'renew' it. It feels like velvet and works like stickum almost, there's no loss of grip when you have it in your hands and when they get sweaty, it sticks even better. It's really thin too, so it's not obtrusive feeling. Two thumbs up on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts