Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up my agp lower yesterday.

http://www.agparms.com/products/AGP-Arms-Forged-Lower-Receiver-Complete.html

Fit and finish are outstanding! The trigger is very crisp but rather heavy, 7 lbs on my lyman digital trigger gauge.

It comes with a stag collapsible stock with a sling loop.
My bushmaster upper installed and fit very well, no slop, very tight fit. Same with my rock river arms varmit upper.

The company is local to me so no shipping or ffl charges.
Will take it to the range this weekend and do some shooting.

I think i will need to do some thing about the heavy trigger pull,my other lower has an adjustable jewell trigger that i have set to 3 lbs so the new one fells quite heavy.

don

edited: changed upper to lower!

don

·
Registered
831 Posts
That's actually not a bad price for a complete lower. It would be nice to see more pic on the detail finish on the lower. Is it 7075 T6 Aluminum? (I'd assume most of them are, just asking since the webpage doesn't say).

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sweet! Congrats man!
I'm picking up two AGP stripped lowers for my next two builds on Monday. I'm vary curious how well there lowers are constructed. At the time they were $89.99 each so I stocked up! I'm anxious to see how they compare to my Mega Arms lower. From there video it appears they should be on par with each other.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think i will need to do some thing about the heavy trigger pull,my other upper has an adjustable jewell trigger that i have set to 3 lbs so the new one fells quite heavy.
I have Superior Shooting Systems National Match CS trigger/hammer spring set on my RRA National Match 2 stage trigger and hammer group. I haven't gone to the range yet. But just dry firing I could tell alot of difference over the ones from RRA. It's alot crisper feeling!
You might want to look into these...
JP Rifles
AR15 Trigger Springs by Superior Shooting Systems

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Very nice...Congrats on the new build...:)

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update: Took the above ar to the range yesterday, it was very windy but put 150 rounds through it.

Every thing worked great but the heavy 7 lb trigger made grouping from the bench rather tough!

The trigger is very crisp and only moves a very small amount when releasing the sear. If the pull was 3-4 lbs it would be a great trigger!

When i bought my bushmaster rifle, 9 years ago, it had a very poor trigger so i installed a jewell adjustable trigger. I am now spoiled for any other trigger! Looks like i will be looking for a reasonable priced upgrade.

don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts