Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 XDs and love 'um. Both are in 9mm, reliable and accurate

They're used for protection and IDPA competition.

The only thing that has given me a problem are the slide stops. Nothing wrong with them but I have a high grip and my thumb rests near or just touches them while shooting. This is a problem for me because it will not allow the slide to lock back after the last round is fired, which costs time during competition.
I have tried to modify my grip but, the way I learned always takes over while under the stress of competing. I have filed off the lower part of the stop which helps but makes it a little hard to use it during fast reloads.

My question is, are there any aftermarket side stops out there for the XD that can help me? Maybe somebody else has done some better modifications.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
You let your gun go dry during a stage? I dont shoot IDPA but I am a very avid shooter of USPSA and its almost a taboo to let a gun go dry. If you cant overcome the slide stop, try doing a reload before you go dry, ie: while moving from one target array to another.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With some stages you are required to shoot your gun to slide lock. You may have to it more than once in a stage. It just depends on who laid out the stage.
We also do a lot of "tactical reloads" where you're required to reload from behind cover and retain your partially loaded mag in a pocket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts