Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for aftermarket sights for my XDm 5.25. Cant seem to find anything with one for the adjustable rear sight.

can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I don't believe there are any for the rear sight.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was afraid of that

·
Premium Member
127,992 Posts
Is an adjustable rear sight a necessity? I have TruGlo TFOs on mine.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
And as was said, there are none for the 5.25" rear sight. The front sight can be ordered taller or shorter and thinner. But no one makes an aftermarket rear sight.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is an adjustable rear sight a necessity? I have TruGlo TFOs on mine.
I thought you could only put adjustable back on due to the cutout on the 5.25 slide

I like the front FO but a glow in the dark FO would be nice too

·
Registered
485 Posts
TFO's are my favorite sights. My XDm's all wear the factory sights right now but if I changed them it would be TFO without a doubt.

Reactions: XDmax

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone found an aftermarket rear sight for the 5 25 yet?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I thought you could only put adjustable back on due to the cutout on the 5.25 slide

I like the front FO but a glow in the dark FO would be nice too
Slide cut has nothing to do with fixed or adjustable. Whie adjustable are nice If you mess around with bullet wts on the extreme end of lt vs hvy, fixed are fine for a defensive or Idpa gun. If tru-glo makes a rear fo, then it's worth a look.
Btw, Dawson does not yet make a rear for the 5.25. I imagine they eventually will. Heini doesn't show a rear fee 5.25 either.

Reactions: XDmax

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Slide cut has nothing to do with fixed or adjustable. Whie adjustable are nice If you mess around with bullet wts on the extreme end of lt vs hvy, fixed are fine for a defensive or Idpa gun. If tru-glo makes a rear fo, then it's worth a look.
Btw, Dawson does not yet make a rear for the 5.25. I imagine they eventually will. Heini doesn't show a rear fee 5.25 either.
I just spoke to SA about a rear aftermarket sight for the 5.25. They MIGHT have one out by next year. I bet if we get everyone to call in and send emails asking they might make it sooner.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Just my take on dots & stuff on sights, anything that detracts from rapid, clear front sight acquisition slows you down. Still, sights like grips are a personal pref. If you like it, all that matters. I prefer a FO front & solid black rear. At night, bright front & half life rear or diff color rear Tritiums. I am sure many have asked Springfield to offer after market, but seems like even the custom guys are a bit slow to the XDM 5.25. BTW, I love mine. Next to my 1911s, my fav gun & that says a lot with the number of diff models I have handles & shot.;)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just my take on dots & stuff on sights, anything that detracts from rapid, clear front sight acquisition slows you down. Still, sights like grips are a personal pref. If you like it, all that matters. I prefer a FO front & solid black rear. At night, bright front & half life rear or diff color rear Tritiums. I am sure many have asked Springfield to offer after market, but seems like even the custom guys are a bit slow to the XDM 5.25. BTW, I love mine. Next to my 1911s, my fav gun & that says a lot with the number of diff models I have handles & shot.;)
Im not a big fan of the rear sight
I think I found a place to make me a rear sight. Ill post pics when I get them.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Anything that helps your shooting is a good thing. The stock sights are very good for a production gun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts