• talk **** to BG while he dies

• Try to help until professionals are there

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scenario:
You shoot a bad guy in your home (you are alone you either have no family or room mates, or they are not home so worrying about them is not an issue). He does not die instantly (bleeding out). You call 911 then:

A) Sit there, watch, and wait for police
B) Leave room and wait
C) Talk **** to him while he's dying
D) Try to stop the bleeding so he has a chance to make it

Just wondering your thoughts and opinions as always.

I've actually been thinking hard about this. I am an Athletic Trainer and during school we were taught to do our best no matter if it's the rival school's athletes or not because we are bound by ethics and law. I know this isn't the sports world anymore in this scenario, but it does take a lot for me not to help him. In the end I'm choosing choice B because he chose to attack me in my home, plus if he ends up living because of my help, did i just help him sue me?

Ready!?!?! GOOO!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'd like to think I'd try and help him live so I answered D, but then again if he came in spouting obscenities and yelling that he was going to chop me and my family to pieces and crap like that it would probably be A (and maybe a little bit of C). That's a very good poll. Nice job!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I own and carry, but I also pray I am never in this situation. But I think I would call the PD asap.

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
As long as you're not endangering yourself or others, attempt first aid after calling for help and ensuring the BG isn't packing any other weapons. You shoot to stop the threat; if the BG is down and disarmed, then the threat is stopped. Beyond saving your conscience the weight of knowing you killed somebody (even if justifiable), this may have the additional benefit of scoring "points" with an unsympathetic DA if you live in a state that isn't friendly to armed citizens or has no castle law.

However, this all assumes you'd be in a rational frame of mind after going through a very traumatic situation. I think most people would be a mix of A and D.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I would call the PD asap from the other room and i'm an a$$hole so i might end up talking some **** while i wait.......something along the line of "you pick the wrong person/ home to f**k with":evil::twisted::evil:...I might feel bad later but in the moment I could see myself saying something

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd like to say D, but I'm not really sure. I guess check him for weapons maybe look for other BG's and clear my home first before lending a helping hand.

Randy

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
i answered A. i wouldn't sit there though, id hold him @ gun point. i just shot you, oh wait let me give you first aid now, yeah right. i don't sympathise with felons.

·
21,866 Posts
Sit there and watch him.

I am NOT a doctor. I do not want the risk of AIDS.

There was a story I read a while ago where a nurse witnessed a car accident and one of the victims had a crushed wind pipe. So she cut his throat and inserted a straw so he could breath. That man survived that day and then sued the nurse for the scar that was left over!

No thx. Im not qualified to handle ANY types of wounds therefore I will wait from someone who is!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Definitely C. I'd kick him in the nuts too. I can't believe that try to help is in the lead. Really? A guy breaks in to your home with bad intentions, and you shoot in self defense, then try to help? Do you think if the BG broke in and shot you he'd apply a tourniquet for you? Doubt it!... What if they have AIDS/HIV/Hep. C? Is it worth dying to save some a$$hat that broke in to your home? Nope. I always come first. Shoot, call police/EMS (that's just the right thing to do morally and as a God fearing person), **** and watch, and mutter the words from Gran Torino, "Did you ever run into someone you shouldn't have f**ked with? That's me!"

·
Registered
662 Posts
C and D. I would apply pressure(repeatedly) until I found the spot(s) that stopped the bleeding. Probably interspersed with bouts of vomiting(on BG). I just washed that floor.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good replies guys. And for those wondering about if he has another weapon r still armed, I would hope you would check first before diving in and either helping him or sitting there to keep watch

·
21,866 Posts
good replies guys. And for those wondering about if he has another weapon r still armed, I would hope you would check first before diving in and either helping him or sitting there to keep watch
Are you kidding? I dont want to get poked by a needle.

I will keep my gun in the perp and if he makes any sudden moves.. BANG.

Or ill just step on his hands until help shows up.:D

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you kidding? I dont want to get poked by a needle.

I will keep my gun in the perp and if he makes any sudden moves.. BANG.

Or ill just step on his hands until help shows up.:D
I like your style sir

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
its hard to say but definatly NOT B or C or E

not B becuase i want to know where this person is until professionals show up

not C becuase standing over someone you just shot and talking **** is a cowardly thing to do, and it may cause some under due explaining in court if the person lives . " so sir you say you were in fear of your life and then as soon as you shot him you stood of him laughing and say you are a "Bad Ass M*ther f*cker with and you are f*cking with the wrong dude today you f*cking _________*!!!!!!!!!

* fill in the blank with the word of you choice

and as for E really with out additional threat you are crazy!!! enjoy your time in prison.

·
Super Moderator
46,389 Posts
E) Shoot him again just to be safe.

Well in a situation like that I'd want to make sure my family is protected. The guy would never be able to return to my home again, so I'd have to agree with the above statement...

Of course it would be after he made a "threatening move"...

·
Registered
463 Posts
its hard to say but definatly NOT B or C or E

not B becuase i want to know where this person is until professionals show up

not C becuase standing over someone you just shot and talking **** is a cowardly thing to do, and it may cause some under due explaining in court if the person lives . " so sir you say you were in fear of your life and then as soon as you shot him you stood of him laughing and say you are a "Bad Ass M*ther f*cker with and you are f*cking with the wrong dude today you f*cking _________*!!!!!!!!!

* fill in the blank with the word of you choice

and as for E really with out additional threat you are crazy!!! enjoy your time in prison.

Where to start.....How is talking **** showing disgraceful fear (which is the definition of coward) and if i have shot the BG and he is incapacitated I would no longer be fearing for my life.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts