Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I want to know is when is someone going to get into the aftermarket parts business for the XD. There are a million people making parts for 1911s and Glocks. It seems only reasonable that somebody like Bar-Sto or Don would expand their lines to include things like extractors. Some people need to have extra extractors, firing pins, etc. For many this no parts policy pretty much rules out the XD for a lot of the gun games and personal protection. What really iritates me is that SA acts like this embargo is for the consumer. Give me a break. What does Springfield care if I void my warranty or not? I don't particularly like Glock. But, if you are shooting a match and a part breaks you can do a quick fix and get back to shooting. The same can no longer be said about the XD. Do I expect my XD to brak down? Eventually, yes. So did my $2K Ed Brown 1911 when I had fired enough rounds through it. It is not a question of if you will ever need a replacement part, but a question of when. This is probably not as big an issue for most shooters. But, if you shoot thousands of rounds in competition and practice this no parts policy is a death nail for the XD. There are enough of these guns on the market that I know it could be profitable for someone to start stamping out parts.

ranburr

1 - 1 of 1 Posts