Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I'm new to the forum just picked up my XD today..any way anybody know where i could find after mrket grips and any you guys would recomend in particular.

thanks

SpecialED

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Go see Old School or Ajames

·
Registered
347 Posts
Having just received my Decalgrips from Pistol-gear.com, I have pulled my Pachmyer off and will be sticking with the decalgrips. They feel natural on the gun, don't move at all, and give a solid feeling of control. I'll give a range report in the accessories section once I can get out to put some rounds down range again. :)

Matthew

·
Registered
176 Posts
3M makes the same stuff {or very close to} what Decal uses for their "rubber" texture grips call "Safety Walk" tape.

Can usually find it in larger Hardware stores for .69 cents per foot for 1" width. Comes in Gray or Black and in 2 & 4" width also.

Great stuff!

"M™ Safety-Walk™ Medium Resilient Tapes & Treads – 300 Series"

Even used on Surf Boards.......

·
Registered
339 Posts
msidner said:
Having just received my Decalgrips from Pistol-gear.com, I have pulled my Pachmyer off and will be sticking with the decalgrips. They feel natural on the gun, don't move at all, and give a solid feeling of control. I'll give a range report in the accessories section once I can get out to put some rounds down range again. :)

Matthew

What he said.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I vote for the decal grips to. They are awsome.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use a hogue Handall on my xd and really like it. I use rubber cement to keep it in position on the grip. I apply a little to the pistol grip and a little to the inside of the houge grip, slide it into position let the excess dry and peel it off. The nice thing about rubber cement is if you decide to remove the grip the rubber cement is easily removable.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
do a search for: Product Review Pachmayr Grip
I would link it but the burbon is typing right now. I have a full review with pics! If someoen could link it I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
813 Posts
my 2 cents, I would have gone with the sticky tape from home depot, but after dealing with the guys on this forum that sponsor, I will buy from them to show my support and thanks for their great stores. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Only reason I didn't go with the sticky tape is:

1) I like the way the decalgrip is designed for the XD, and shaped specially for the grip. I'm sure I couldn't make it look that clean on my own.

2) Support of the forum sponsers. :) While somewhat secondary to my lack of decal carving skill, I did feel it important to support the sponsors, and it was under $10 anyway. :)

Matthew

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've always felt one should support your local businessmen (unless the support is costing way too much0. I consider the forum sponsor's my local businessmen, and will use them as much as possible. (Only bought from Pistol Gear so far, but I'm sure there are other purchases to come.)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ditto to Msidner and xdron40...the local sponsors are great knowledgeable and very helpful when there is a question..keep our sponsor busy and they will keep us supplied.

Rikoshey :twisted:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts