Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to slide on to the frame.. but it stops as soon as it's about 1/4" from lining up with the rear of the frame.

I know that it catch's on one part of the gun about 1" before it hits the unexpected stopping point. That is normal? When you are sliding it back together, are there normally 2 points at which it sort-of 'catches' before going all the way back?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wait. im STUPID.

make sure you don't push down the takedown lever and try to reassemble the gun with it down. hahahhahaha i am dumb. :oops:

·
Registered
125 Posts
YES YOU ARE!!!

But, fortunately for you and others out there you are not alone. We all make boneheaded mistakes every now and then. Not too many of us tell the world though???

·
Registered
164 Posts
Don't feel bad. My buddy was having a hell of a time trying to take his slide off his XD. This was before I had my XD, or a handgun for that matter. Well we're looking at it and trying to take off the slide for 5-10 mins. Then he was like, "Oh ****, it would help if I take out the magazine."

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
LMBO! Wait until you try your first "detail cleaning" and cant find your firing pin guide.. it will happen.. you will spend at least an hour (three in my case) looking for it.. you will feel even sillier when it ends up in a clothes basket that you should have had folded and in the dresser two days ago! LOL

Raymond

·
Registered
49 Posts
dont feel bad i did the same thing first time i took my slide off *lol. thought i screwed something up.. was going to come on here and asked.. but fiddled with it untill i finally realized what it was that was going on .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts