Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put my build aside for the last 4 month's, because i had to work with other project's.

now that all of my projects are sorted out, i decided to dust off the AR build.

today i spent $162 on it.

can you spot the change's? (should be easy)

before:

after:

so far i have $1091 into the build pictured.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Lookin' good!!!! And to my AR noob eyes, it looks like you got a flip up rear sight!!!

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true, but the Troy battle sight was only $140...where is the other $22? ;)

thanks for reply.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your right, told you it would be easy.

all my rifle needs is a BCG, and i can go to the range.

ive chosen a Young mfg, NM AR-15 BCG, which will be ordered from pkfirearms.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You should go with the bravo company USA or LMT full auto BCG, they are the best for the money from what I've researched.

Nice looking rifle, I'm still in the design process with mine. There are too many choices.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i kinda had a small plan for mine...i knew which part's i liked, and i knew what upper i wanted (LMT 16"), i chose the mega lower because they aren't as common as most lower's people choose, and i liked how perfect they make every little detail on thier product (i almost went with P.O.F. lower, because they have an awesome attention to detail design too, and i liked the integrated trigger guard). i went with the Magpul plastic part's in FDE because i know magpul is quality by the research i did online, the FDE was just different from the classic black rifle theme everyone like's, magpul's FDE color is the same as the "LMT" logo on the upper which happens to be a nice bonus. i went with a Troy battle rear sight because i played with a bunch of rear flip sight's, and i liked how the troy stood out to me as being a rock solid design. for a charging handle, i just went with any forged handle (ended up being a RRA).

as for other things...i went with a Stag LPK because it was available, and wanted a single stage trigger. KNS anti rotation pins make a great "off trigger" finger rest. The Magpul trigger guard is because i plan to shoot in the winter, with thin glove's....i am thinking about adding a PRI "big weenie" latch to add a little more function, and taste to the the charging handle. I chose Young mfg because ive researched them, and they are a quality BCG company. i originally wanted a LMT BCG, but the Young mfg chrome is just plain sexy.

im not building a battle rifle to live in extreme condition's, and to eat thousand's of round's per month. i built it as a comfortable, reliable, functional range rifle, built for fun.

im not planning to add all the lights and crap to this build, after a BCG, and maybe an Eotech..its finished.

i know what people say "is the best" (as of this week), but im pretty confident that the parts i have personally chosen will create a quality rifle, that will outlast me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts