Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new gun owner and purchased a XDm .40 Love this gun! I can carry it fairly well but want to get something smaller for cc. Was thinking about the Taurus Millennium .40 but am finding very mixed reviews on this gun. any advise would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I had a Taurus 24/7 pro compact .40 for 90 days. I hated it! Couldn't get through a box of 50 anything without some kind of hang up, and would shoot low and left out of a Ransome Rest. Sure did look pretty though! I sold it and bought my XDsc.40. Best deal I ever made.

It is all about what ya want and the caliber, how it feels to you, and how much money you want to spend. I wouldn't go under a 9mm.
There are several that jump to my mind. XDsc, S&W M&P 9c, Glock 26, Kimber Solo, Kahr PM9, SA EMP, Ruger LC9, and if ya wanted to fly on the cheap a Kel-Tec PF9. Feel 'em all out, and shoot them if ya get a chance. Read the reviews and then make a really educated decision. :cool:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I am a new gun owner and purchased a XDm .40 Love this gun! I can carry it fairly well but want to get something smaller for cc. Was thinking about the Taurus Millennium .40 but am finding very mixed reviews on this gun. any advise would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
Which xdm do you have? The 4.5 or the 3.8c? I find the xdmc very carryable.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Price range? Lets face it economic situation dictates more than we would like it to. I would suggest you look at the Ruger LC9 - $350-$375 range, Sig P290 double the price of the LC9 both are 9MM single stack, SA's GI micro compact - $700 range, Para ordnance slim hawg about the same price. These are just a few suggestions not to over look is all. Good luck with your choice.

·
Premium Member
127,710 Posts
One of my backup guns is a Ruger LCR .38 +P. It is very easy to carry and packs a punch.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
One of my backup guns is a Ruger LCR .38 +P. It is very easy to carry and packs a punch.
Me too....I picked up an Galco ankle holster for mine. Fits very nicely and is comfortable to wear. It is my BUG and occasionally my primary (but not very often). I tossed a pair of CTC laser grips on it....sweet they are. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Me too....I picked up an Galco ankle holster for mine. Fits very nicely and is comfortable to wear. It is my BUG and occasionally my primary (but not very often). I tossed a pair of CTC laser grips on it....sweet they are. :)
Me too, except my wife carries it more than I do.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
It is all about what ya want and the caliber, how it feels to you, and how much money you want to spend. I wouldn't go under a 9mm.
There are several that jump to my mind. XDsc, S&W M&P 9c, Glock 26, Kimber Solo, Kahr PM9, SA EMP, Ruger LC9, and if ya wanted to fly on the cheap a Kel-Tec PF9. Feel 'em all out, and shoot them if ya get a chance. Read the reviews and then make a really educated decision. :cool:
Price range? Lets face it economic situation dictates more than we would like it to. I would suggest you look at the Ruger LC9 - $350-$375 range, Sig P290 double the price of the LC9 both are 9MM single stack, SA's GI micro compact - $700 range, Para ordnance slim hawg about the same price. These are just a few suggestions not to over look is all. Good luck with your choice.
Something to this effect is my opinion. A 1911. They are very thin, very accurate and carry very well. My next CCW will be a 1911 of some variety. Right now I carry an XD9sc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advise. I have been looking at a lot of reviews based on your suggestions. not sure what to get yet but we have a store called Hoffmans guns in CT. They have an indoor range and will let you try out most of the guns they carry. I will be goin up a week from Monday to pick something up.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I honestly suggest you stick with what you already have. I have the XD Sub Compact .40 and carry it daily in an IWB holster. I'm very small in stature 5' 7" at 135 pounds and conceal very comfortably in shorts and a t-shirt. I owned a Kahr PM40 and it is very small and easy to conceal. But with a smaller sight radius you loose accuracy and a smaller magazine capacity you loose again. I'm sure I will get flamed for saying this but it's just my opinion to stick with what you already know and make it work. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Maybe I missed it, but what is your price range and how do you wish to carry? Outside the waistband, inside the waistband or pocket?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
G26

·
Registered
624 Posts
I originally bought my M&P9c to carry. I love the gun but find it a little too wide and bulky. My next will be either the Ruger LCR 357 or the LC9.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I have a S&W 442 but looking to maybe go with a Ruger LC9.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
If you really like the XDm40 then I would get an xd40sc. Xdm's are nice and so are the regular xd's. That's my vote

1 - 20 of 33 Posts