Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just ordered the truglo TFO sights for my XD pistol from pistol gear. When they arrived (with a free hat might I add), I noticed that the box was checked for the Sig #8 sights and not for the XD. On the website he states that the sights are specifically for the XD and not Sig sights. I emailed him to tewll him about the problem, and he replied right away with how sorry he was, and that the sig sights would work, but he would rather me send them back to give me the XD sights. I then emailed him to say that that sounded goog and got an automatic reply saying that he would be gone from the 16th until the 21st and would reply to my email then. The question is, has anyone tried to put the Sig sight5s on their XD before? If so was it worth it, or would you all just send them back and wait until he could swap them out with the XD version? :wink:

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So then I do not need to wait until he comes back on the 21st to send my stuff in?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I have the "Sig" sights on 2 pistols, they work fine.

The difference betwen the "Sig" sights and the "XD" sights is that there is a gap under the rear sight of the "Sig" set, a gap between the sights and the slide. The gap does not exist under the sight set specific to XDs. "Sig" sights were available for a long time before the "XD" sights were, and rather than wait, many of us chose to go ahead and use the "Sig" set, since they work well. It's a question of appearance, that's a decision you'll have to make for yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts