Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that of my dozen or so weapons this is my first semi-auto pistol and I know next to nothing about them. Before firing round one, are there some things I should do or look for to get off to a good start? I'm thinking of lube or burrs or some such. Not to brag, but I've never missed a shot yet. Hit the ground every time.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
you did good by getting a CZ75B . they are the Glock 17 of the CZ's in my opinion. I have one and love it . All steel and reliable as heck! :p Just remember to alway get CZ brand mags and get a few because of the election heading south.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
One of the few steel guns out there worth getting. I used to think the CZ's were ugly. They still are. That is, except for the 75B.

·
Banned
3,651 Posts
you did good by getting a CZ75B . they are the Glock 17 of the CZ's in my opinion. I have one and love it . All steel and reliable as heck! :p Just remember to alway get CZ brand mags and get a few because of the election heading south.
MecGar mags work excellent in my CZ75BSS (under $20 also), but it's the only after market brand I would trust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. I picked up the new CZ in Colorado on the way to Phoenix. Got the first box thru it at Caswells in Mesa. Only gripes, the convex mag crown, a speedloader solved that problem, and you need a hammer and awl to break it down. While there my heretofore anti-gun, but more pro Constitution, son-in-law joined the range and purchased an XD he and daughter had decided on in the last few weeks. I fired the old range rental they were using before the purchase and think they made a good choice. They'll take some NRA courses and I'm going back to my CC class for review.

Tues. night - A new National Anthem - Taps.:cry:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to follow up, I've put over 200 rounds thru it and am happy with the choice. Wife is awaiting her CC permit and I'm just about to get her an S&W 638, as she's
familiar with revolvers and, most importantly, stays home a lot so I'll have a concealable.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Great pistols! I have 2 75b's in 9mm. One has early factory OK optics. I love them both!

I use one in IPSC. Removed that long, flat spring beneath the grip so the mag will drop free.

I also have a 22lr Kadet kit.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Just familirize yourself with the functions of the buttons and levers - slide release, mag drop & safety. Find out how to clear a jam safely. Finger outside of the trigger area, drop the clip, keep it pointed downrange, etc. Quick will come later, be safe.

Your 75B will fire a round that is in the barrel with or without a magazine inserted. Check the barrel to see if it is loaded. The 15rd CZ mag is all steel and the bottom is strong, so there are no problems with inserting a full magazine when the slide is closed. Plastic bottomed mags have a tendency to crack if too much pressure is applied.

Get a snap cap and dry fire it a bunch. Its good now, but it'll really smooth out after a couple hundred rds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry it's taken so long to reply. Those are important rules to have in mind whenever the gun comes out of the box. As someone said in another forum, if you handle guns enough, you'll have an inadvertent discharge. Happened to me decades ago on an Army qualifying range with a .45. First time I had fired a pistol. I thought I had a misfire so
raised weapon up as previously instructed and the danged thing went off
while the RO was coming. I'd let my hand slip down on the rear so the safety wasn't depressed, if I recall right. That was about 40 years ago. But it was a lesson learned. Glad it happened.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Next to the FN Hi-Power, the CZ-75 is one of the best hi-capacity 9mm out there. Feels great in the hand, accurate and totally reliable.

I still think its the best of the CZ lineup and a steal.

- brickboy240

1 - 13 of 13 Posts