Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased an XD9 Service. it is shooting a little bit to the left. Is there an easy way to drift the rear sight a little bit? i have heard some guys say they had to heat the slide and then hit it very hard. Doesn't sound like a good thing to me

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Before you drift the sight, shoot it off of sandbags resting forward of the trigger guard. Have a friend do the same for you and then see if it is the sights. Most of the time new users have found that moving the contact on the trigger finger fixes the the sights (no kiddin'). :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I replaced my SC factory sights with Trijicons. Then I drifted them a little to the left of midline (I'm a left-handed shot). Getting the sights on and off is a decent bit of work, but drifting them is farily easy. I put the slide in a bench-mounted vice with some soft wood between the slide and the vice. Didn't heat up or freeze the slide, just put it in at room temperature. Then I used a brass punch to drift the sights. The toughest part was finding a brass punch. I went to numerous large home remodeling stores and couldn't find one. Ended up finding it at Sears. Make sure you use a brass punch and not a standard metal punch or you may damage your sights. I've heard some people use a wooden dowel instead of a brass punch. I can't speak to the effectiveness of that.

The above post is a good point. I try not to drift mine too far from center.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts