Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my new XD40 Compact I elected to not go with the factory night sights. I was instructed by a fellow XD owner that they purchased TRUGLO green and put 3 coats on the sights and they glow better in the dark than the factory night sights.

Any other owners has any other advice, drawbacks, and/or suggestions for glow in the dark sights?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I ordered mine with Heinie Streight Eights. Nice thing about them is alignment is very fast and precise. With a short gun like the sc I think they'd be perfect. You can instantly tell if you're off even a little left to right, unlike 3 dot sights.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I suggest goin to a gun store and asking to handle a few guns with different brands/configurations.

See what you like best.

thats what i did in the end when i ordered my 40sc with straight eights.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Who seems to be the cheapest place to buy these sights from? I prefer the wider notch in the rear but it looks as though I'm going to have to shell out at least $130 for these things. Then god knows what my local smith will charge to install them, as I don't have the tool to do them myself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
factory trijicon's only added 58$ to cost of my gun fyi ($468 vs 410 for 9sc) last month (gunbroker.com user supohunter).

i like them, but have nothing to compare them to.

i have them on my nightstand, i have to cover them up at night as they illuminate my pillow!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I just had XS Big Dots put on mine, very happy with them. Sorry for the poor picture, my camera didn't adjust all that well for the pic.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Who seems to be the cheapest place to buy these sights from? I prefer the wider notch in the rear but it looks as though I'm going to have to shell out at least $130 for these things. Then god knows what my local smith will charge to install them, as I don't have the tool to do them myself.
If you go to sprinfields' website to the custom shop page, you can see their prices for installed sights. They charge $105 for the Heinie's. I believe you just send them your slide. They'll install any of the popular sights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts