Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my XD 45 pistol to the desert and shot it for the first time. I noticed that the trijicon sights on it are set that it shoots too high, now i havent used it on a bench rest yet because we didnt have a table out thier but i can tell you it shoots too high and that i have to aim the rear sight on the front sight covering half the front sight dot or more just to hit in the "area" im aiming at. I was wondering how i can adjust the rear sight up and down. Please help! Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
There is no vertical adjustment of the stock rear sight. Replacement sights can be installed, both set and adjustable.
However, you do not mention the distance you are shooting, the weight of the bullet, or the brand/type of the ammo. Are you using a centered or 6 oclock aim? All these things will effect POI. Also, nothing should be eliminated as not being shooter error until a solid benchrest test at 25yds with ammo similar to that used by the mfg for establishing the POA/POI relationship.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no vertical adjustment of the stock rear sight. Replacement sights can be installed, both set and adjustable.
However, you do not mention the distance you are shooting, the weight of the bullet, or the brand/type of the ammo. Are you using a centered or 6 oclock aim? All these things will effect POI. Also, nothing should be eliminated as not being shooter error until a solid benchrest test at 25yds with ammo similar to that used by the mfg for establishing the POA/POI relationship.
I was using the centered aim, i was shoot from about 36 yards to 10 yards standing up, and i know i gotta try it while shooting on a benchrest, i still had to aim with my rear sight covering half the dot on the front sight just to even hit the "area" i was aiming at. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just took my XD 45 pistol to the desert and shot it for the first time. I noticed that the trijicon sights on it are set that it shoots too high, now i havent used it on a bench rest yet because we didnt have a table out thier but i can tell you it shoots too high and that i have to aim the rear sight on the front sight covering half the front sight dot or more just to hit in the "area" im aiming at. I was wondering how i can adjust the rear sight up and down. Please help! Thanks
I believe the xd-45 was designed with a six o-clock sight picture in mind. With fixed sights there are no adjustments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts