Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently bought xd40 and took it to shoot. put 100 rounds through it. all shots are to the left. can u adjust the rear sights to fix the problem. if so how?

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Whoa there soldier!

How long have you been shooting?

Before you adjust your sights, which is very difficult on XD's cuz they are very tight, better check to see if you are using your trigger finger correctly.

If you are a right handed shooter it is likely you are jerking the trigger causing a left point of impact.

Practice trigger control, firm but consistent "squeeze" using just the middle pad of your finger on the trigger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
been shooting guns for a long time and i know how to fire this weapon. as well others shot it with me and the result was the same. thanxs for the reply but not any help.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Try this first.

·
Registered
45 Posts
been shooting guns for a long time and i know how to fire this weapon. as well others shot it with me and the result was the same. thanxs for the reply but not any help.
Maybe it needs a break in period. After 500 rounds or so my XD and my Sig changed dramaticaly. How many rounds do you have through it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would suggest putting some more rounds through it first. Check my profile for a site to get a sight pusher.

I have had to sight in 3 of my XD's before I installed night sights, so I guess its not that rare. Don't try the punch and hammer method. Its destructive and frustrating.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
put about 100 through. shot to other guns the same day and i was right on. other 2 guns were a sig and a hk. maybe try another box before i mess wiith it

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have to agree that it may be the shooter. No offence. I did the same thing shooting my buddy's XD, even though I shot his Kimber center. He didn't have a problem though. The XD has a long trigger pull compared to a 1911 shooting single action. I shoot it better now, though I still tend to left of center. Maybe let someone who shoots an XD regularly try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no offense taken. dont know any other xd shooters. weird that i'm fine with the sig s&w and the hk but off here. great grouping but left. thanxs for the suggestion. maybe need to sheoot a few more times

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
There have been a few XDs that I've seen with sights that are off from the factory. Just like any other gun. However with that said, every single gun is very different in terms of how it shoots and how you'll shoot it. I'd put a few more rounds through it before doing anything. If the sights are in fact off, send it back to Springfield, they'll make it right. Actually, they will make it even better than right, you'll probably get free gear, etc. I thought my sights were off when I first got it. I shot to the left, too. I put around 250 rounds through it, finally got it figured out, and I'm good now. Besides, it's an excuse to go shoot more !! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Look through this forum . . . you'll see lots of posts from new XD owners saying, "My gun shoots low and to the left." It seems to be a common learning curve with the XD.

I've got the same problem. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the feed back i will try some more rounds through it. what did u find was the correction u made to fix the problem

·
Registered
27 Posts
Look through this forum . . . you'll see lots of posts from new XD owners saying, "My gun shoots low and to the left." It seems to be a common learning curve with the XD.

bingo mine shoots low left but i am not going to do anything until i shoot many more rounds and some different brass thru it..

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Check you allingment marks on the sights, you may just have a sight problem but if the allignment marks are on then i would guess it is your grip or your trigger finger.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I would suggest putting some more rounds through it first. Check my profile for a site to get a sight pusher.

I have had to sight in 3 of my XD's before I installed night sights, so I guess its not that rare. Don't try the punch and hammer method. Its destructive and frustrating.
went to you site i want a sight pusher asap
im in NY hows the fastest i can get it. thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts

The XD's I had to adjust were shooting to different spots, so I drifted the back sight accordingly. Never touched the front sight. Its too tight and fragile to move more than to remove.

I think two of my Xd's were shooting right and one was left. I never worried about the height that much as it was just pretty damn close. One of my XD's puts the bullet just under the front sight, but nearly touching the perfect center of the target. The others hit just a tiny bit high.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts