Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a xd9 subcompact and i'm looking to put adjustable night sights on. I've been reading and most non-adjustable sights only are made for 4" and 5" so I might just go the adjustable route. I found some Dawson precision but I'm not sure of the height on the front sight.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You're going to have to be very selective about holsters with that setup. The sights have a high profile and most concealment holsters will not have a tall enough channel for the front sight. I've never heard of any problems putting fixed sights on a subcompact. You might want to call or email james from http://www.xd-hs2000.com and get his input before you commit to the dawsons.

For the record I have dawsons adjustable sights on my competition gun and love them, but I think there are better options out there for CCW.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Meprolights have some Adjustable combat sights coming out for a bunch of different pistols. These are not available yet but are coming soon. My writers sample in theory is shipping soon so you will see a review as soon as I can get it done.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
A few years back I installed a low mount adjustable Bo-mar into a Sub-Compact just to see if it could be done with a reasonable front sight height. I think it was in the .225 range if I remember correctly. It worked great, tritium inserts could be done in this set up also.
Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts