Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally sold my XD40sc to one of my friends. It was a great gun but I picked it solely for carry and it was just a little too big and heavy for the summer. I have a G19 that I use for the fall-spring and wanted something other then my LCP for summer. I have been eying the G26/27 for a while and while the G26 would be the perfect companion to my G19, I had to have the the G27. It is much more comfortable to carry then the XD and completely disappears no matter what I am wearing. I can still use the same holster as my G19 too which is nice. It is going to get a good workout this weekend but I already picked up some 180gr Gold dots for it.

With my G19

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Nice addition, thinking about getting my fourth Glock and then one more, G19 next, then the G34, then I done for awhile with the Glocks. Post the range report, grip feel, etc.

·
Registered
134 Posts
they are just as big as xd40sc and made with way cheaper parts. sorry i'm not a glock fan at all, owned them and had to many failures.
You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about, and certainly no first hand experience with the G27, and I'd venture to guess, none with Glock.

The G27 is significantly smaller.

Cheap parts? Really? What is your XD made out of? Glock is proven through decades of in the field use. Don't hate.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a noticeable difference in size. I am using the same holster as the XD and the G27 is noticeably lighter and the grip is shorter. I have a 32in waist so grip length is pretty important especially when it is above 100* during the summer. I had a hard time concealing the XD so my LCP was my primary summer carry. I can now carry the G27 while wearing clothes that would never work with the XD. That is my personal experience though and I had the XD40 for over a year. 2k+ flawless rounds through it. I have yet to have an issues with with G19 and the only problem I have personally seen with a Glock was ammo related. My XD's were having the same malfunctions as the Glock. I am never getting rid of my XDm9 but my Glocks are also here to stay. I actually prefer the grip angle and how they shoot. I thought about a MP9c but it was almost identical in size and weight to my G19. They are sweet guns though and I may add a full size MP to my collection. Just need to pay off my Sig226 that is on layaway!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice. I found someone to trade my XD40sc for their G27 here last week. I, too, found the XD40sc just too bulky and heavy for carrying.
I sold the XD for $350. I picked it up for $450 so I thought it was a fair trade to him. He is going to use it for carry once he gets his license. His first pistol was a SW 380 Bodyguard but he soon realized something bigger would be needed. He paid me $150 in cash and is giving me his driver. Its a cobra, can't remember the model but it retails for $350. He needs a stiff flex shaft and it is a regular. I needed a new driver and after using his a few times, it was a perfect trade.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gave it a little work out today with a few hundred rounds and I was very impressed. Recoil was very tame with 180gr loads and I was able to come back on target pretty fast. Even with my pinky hanging off the grip I had zero issues controlling the gun during double taps and rapid fire. It handled the same as my XD40sc and I could actually have a full grip on that one. I do have a pearce grip extension on 1 mag and and it did make a slight difference when shooting one handed but that mag will not be my main carry mag. I don't normally post pics of targets but here is one with 50 rounds in both slow fire (1-2 sec between shots) and some double taps. The target was 20ft away. It is a keeper!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cut it myself. It is just 3m ladder tape that I picked up at a local hardware store. It was $1/ft and 1" wide. It makes it easier to rack the slide since there are no front slide aerations and I have a small piece where my left thumb rest on the left side as an index point for my grip. I use it on all my carry guns and it works great. I have an Agrip, XS night sights and a grip plug on order too. The agrip improves the grip immensely. the G19 has a pacymar grip glove.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
they are just as big as xd40sc and made with way cheaper parts. sorry i'm not a glock fan at all, owned them and had to many failures.
You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about, and certainly no first hand experience with the G27, and I'd venture to guess, none with Glock.

The G27 is significantly smaller.
Cheap parts? Really? What is your XD made out of? Glock is proven through decades of in the field use. Don't hate.
Why does someone always have to jump on the Glock hater bandwagon?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Im really wanting one myself just never shot a glock. Buddy of mine will let me soon. He is in the police academy and I handled his glock 22. He is going to get a glock 27. He is an XD fan but police dpt issues glocks. He said he is shooting really well with the 22 and is surprised.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
There are always haters, mention XD on Glocktalk.com and see what happens. I just bought a G19 as it's a great fit for a compact weapon and it's lighter than my XD9 sc and carries slightly better due to being ever so slightly thinner. I don't care for the subcompact Glocks as they just don't fit my hand. But agreed with the above, the Glocks are generally smaller and lighter than the XD counterparts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts