Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the M6 but it is the old model since I bought it years ago when I got my XD. Not an LED but still plenty bright for home defense uses. No functions just
  • Light on or off
  • Laser on or off
  • Light and Laser on or off
I want to find a good holster that will allow me to keep it mounted though. Practicing at the indoor range I find the laser allows faster shots with good accuracy without having to bring it up to my eye level. Also great training aid when doing dry firing practice as it shows the tiniest movements of the gun when you pull the trigger.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
I took one low-light class with a Safariland 5188 (which has a model that allows for quite a number of different WMLs) prior to switching to a Raven Concealment Systems Phantom OWB. There was nothing wrong with the 5188, I just prefer the RCS (of which I have others).

I also prefer the old incandescent Streamlights because my home is modest in size, and also I find that my eyes do better, particularly indoors, with the yellower hue of the incandescents. Additionally, the fact that the lower-output light does not overpower the red laser is of importance to me. With a brighter light, I'd need/want a green laser.

I've shot probably a couple of thousands on my 4.5-inch XDm9 with my old M6, and it's held zero had the bulb has yet to go. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took one low-light class with a Safariland 5188 (which has a model that allows for quite a number of different WMLs) prior to switching to a Raven Concealment Systems Phantom OWB. There was nothing wrong with the 5188, I just prefer the RCS (of which I have others).

I also prefer the old incandescent Streamlights because my home is modest in size, and also I find that my eyes do better, particularly indoors, with the yellower hue of the incandescents. Additionally, the fact that the lower-output light does not overpower the red laser is of importance to me. With a brighter light, I'd need/want a green laser.

I've shot probably a couple of thousands on my 4.5-inch XDm9 with my old M6, and it's held zero had the bulb has yet to go. :)

Yes it works great still so why would I replace it. I will have to look into the RSC holsters etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts