Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tikka T3 tactical in .223 and am having issues with accuracy. They have a sub MOA guarantee @100yds. That's all fine and dandy until I reach out pass that. At 200yds I have 5in groups. At 100 easy under MOA. Ammo issue maybe? Only thing I can come up with. It's a 1 in 8" twist rate. I've been using AE223 ammo in 55gr. I've haven't reloaded any as of yet. I am going to try the 75gr Hornady A-Max. Velocity with that twist rate? Just doesn't make sense to me. Any suggestions or ideas would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Could be I guess I'd defanatly try a heavier bullet or maybe just different ammo in general. Try a 62 grain or something of that nature too.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Its possible it could be over-stabilizing that lighter bullet. I would definitely try the 62 grain bullet minimum. Also try using some match grade ammo to see what it will do. I have had pretty poor accuracy out of American Eagle in .308 in my bolt gun.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Try the Sierra 69gr match king and either Re15 or Ramshot Tac powder both should work great in your 1 in 8 barrel. I had a Armalite heavy barreled M15t with a 1 in 8 twist that loved both powders and that bullet. My T3 in 7mm-08 is as accurate as any hunting rifle I've ever owned and I've had a few.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
get some heavier match ammo, youll see huge gains in accuracy. Match ammo is the biggest increase in accuracy you can get, and it doesnt even require modifying the gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts