Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone experienced a accidental fire while pulling slide back to remove round. [xd9 sub compact] discharge resulted in a flesh wound to the hand at the palm below the pinky finger.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hopefully your hand heals up alright with no loss of use. There were two mistakes made here: 1) Finger on trigger, 2) Hand in fro.t of muzzle.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Welcome to the forum ... I hope you heal quickly, and be more careful.
The design of the XD/XDm won't allow such things to happen, unless you screw up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no finger on trigger and not attention to detail. some times thing go bang.like the universe. i had a round go off by just lifting the bolt to eject it from a bolt rife. no finger on the trigger. them Winchester 94 are tricky.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
How in the heck do you discharge a round pulling the slide back? Are you saying the round discharged with the slide partially open and somehow it hit your hand? Was the round a misfire? What it sounds like to me is what others are saying you put your finger where it wasn't suppposed to be.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
that sucks. i've seen an injury like than when i used to work in an ER. hope you heal quickly. remember: finger only on the trigger when you are prepared to fire.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
no finger on trigger and not attention to detail. some times thing go bang.like the universe. i had a round go off by just lifting the bolt to eject it from a bolt rife. no finger on the trigger. them Winchester 94 are tricky.
Well, you either possess some sort of magical powers... or you pulled the trigger:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
If I shot myself in the hand I don't think I would post it on here. LOL Especially if it was my first post.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Very unlikely here's why there is one safety that will not allow the gun to fire unless the trigger is pulled. The striker safety blocks the striker from hitting the primer unless the trigger is pulled thus pushing the striker safety out of the way. Even if pulling the slide back would some how caused the striker to release (very unlikely) it would still be blocked from hitting the primer unless the striker safety was depressed by the safety leaver which can only be done by pulling the trigger. Here's another one, once the slide is moved back by 1/8 inch +- the gun goes out of battery meaning the gun cannot fire because of the trigger disconnect.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
How in the heck do you discharge a round pulling the slide back? Are you saying the round discharged with the slide partially open and somehow it hit your hand? Was the round a misfire? What it sounds like to me is what others are saying you put your finger where it wasn't suppposed to be.
I'm guessing, he was taking apart for cleaning and forgot to remove the loaded magazine when he pulled trigger to remove slide.. The most common UD associated with the XD.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
first I heard a Winchester 94 (wait Whut???? ) Remington 700's are associated with that problem

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Hmm? A bolt action Winchester 94, that is a tricky rifle:rolleyes:

I was going to say the same thing.

Lifting a bolt on a lever action fires with no finger near the trigger and unloading a XD will result in a self firing weapon every time I guess........

Had a neighbor put 20 oz of 2 cycle oil in the oil hole on his mower and asked me whats wrong. He even showed me all the little empty bottles to prove he put oil in it. The bottle the mower came with was still in the box.

He is lucky it didn't blow him back 20 feet like in the movies, he might have been hurt:-o

1 - 20 of 77 Posts