Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got my new XD 45ACP and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for accessories for it? I know that I am going to get a holster but not sure what kind as of yet. I have a CHL in Texas and I am just trying to figure out what kind of holster and accessories i might get.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
1. Ammo!
2. Magazines
3. More Ammo.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
1. Ammo!
2. Magazines
3. More Ammo.

All good ideas

to add

1) night sites
2) uh, nothing else, you're good to go, though I admit I am considering a Viridian green laser

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Don't forget mags and ammo.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I just recently got my new XD 45ACP and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for accessories for it? I know that I am going to get a holster but not sure what kind as of yet. I have a CHL in Texas and I am just trying to figure out what kind of holster and accessories i might get.
Don't forget to take advantage of SA's "gear up" promo!!

In case you didn't know about it. (hey, I didn't)

http://www.springfieldpromo.com/

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lots of mags and ammo. I like fiber optics on the front sight. If it in not your carry gun, maybe a trigger job.

As far as holsters, for a hip holster (OWB), I prefer the Blackhawk CQB (non retention). If is is going inside waist, the crossbreed is great. There are some knock off that are a little less but I can't comment since I have not tried them yet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hit up the promo. I turned in my paperwork like a week ago and just received my mags. 3 10 rounders, I was hoping for at least one extended 13 rounder but for free I cant complain much.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can't beat the promo, and they ship fast!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I use the Don Hume clip on IWB H715M-WC. Well made and comfortable. $27 plus shipping at gunnersalley. Other models also available.

Don Hume Holsters
I have bought several holsters from Gunnersalley. They had them in stock and shipped fast. I like the 721OT holsters. I have one for my G26 and another for my G30sf. As for plastic holsters I have Blackhawk serpa CQC holsters for all my pistols but they do not hold the gun as close to the body as the Don Hume leather holsters, they are just more comfertable to wear. I took my FNP9 out last night in the Blackhawk holster with a loose fitting sweater and it was completely concealed.

I have had several tac lights for my XD45 and found that so far I like the TRL3 the most. It is small, light, very bright and at $79 can't complain about the price.

mods so far:
PRP ultimate match trigger kit
Grip tape (made by me)

I will be adding night sights soon but I can't decide if I want standard Trijicon night sights or TruGlo TFO's like I have on my G30sf. I also tried XS big dots but I don't like them as much as the Trijicon or TFO sights.

Pics for your enjoyment.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i would like to add (hopefully you already had one or the other) but a gun safe or a gun lock.

·
Registered
192 Posts

The ultimate accessory is SKILL and it can only be earned byfiring thousands of practice rounds on a regular basis. Sure you need a good holster and plenty of magazines but you can't buy a bulls eye, you have to earn it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts