Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant find a measurement for the accesory rail anywhere. ive looked everywhere.. reason im asking is i found a good deal on a sure fire light, and it is for a 20mm rail. i need to know if itll work... thanks..

·
Registered
388 Posts
The XD uses a modified Picatinny rail. None of the spec Picatinny dimensions are 20mm but a couple are close. I'd guess that this will work.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Springfield has constistently stated that the HS2000/XD integrated light rail is what they call a hybrid picatinny. While not specifically conformal to industry picatinny specs, it has been engineered particularly to fit the widest range of picatinny -compatible accessories that springfield could do.

The only way you are really going to get a measurement is with a ruler, et al, on either your own handgun, or at the store.

As for whether or not it would work with whatever you have in mind, i have yet to hear of someone trying to mount a picatinny device that didnt mount because of the rail not being conformal.

(My one beef is that stupid manufacturers are releasing products with "universal" and "weaver" mounts... grr.... the pistol world needs to find a standard and stick with it. A light should mount on a glock, an XD, a 1911, and anything else. My vote would be picatinny given that its near-standard on rifles.)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually, my mic. does do mm.. what do ya know? they are 18.75 mm on the inside of the rail, and 21 mm outside (the rail).. i think itll work.. hope these measurements do someone some good...

·
Registered
170 Posts
XD.40 pak'n ac-guy said:
ok, so is it the same size as glock? this light im lookin at fits their style..
I'm pretty sure. I was looking at a glock light/laser for $250 and it fit just fine on my XD9 4".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts