Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first glock, been strictly springfield until this, but I really love this gun. I will always love my XDMs for larger guns, but I have no regrets getting rid of my XDS 9mm for this G26. The XDS was nice, but I just grip double stacks better. Being 6'6, 270lbs, the little extra thickness really does nothing in the printing category over the XDS and I get 3 more rounds. I am amazed at how cheap parts are for glock, both factory and aftermarket. I think it cost me $40 to make the trigger on this little guy what I consider perfect. It is a soft shooting gun, and seems to punch tight groups. I did not think I would do well with it due to the very short grip, but with the factory medium beavertail backstrap and GAP floorplates, my 2 finger grip is locked in very nicely for control and draw. Anyways, It has a set of traction grips on it, Vickers extended slide stop, GAP floorplates, GEN 3 smooth face trigger, ZEV V4 race connector, ZEV 6lb trigger spring / lighter safety plunger spring, and the "25 cent" trigger / polish job. Just need a set of good night sights that get it POA / POI, any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Awesome, nice 26 I look at one but I did the same thing you did I sold my XDs .45 to get the 27 and like you have no regret.

I install a .357 sig lone wolf conversion barrel and love it.

The GAP plate work wonder.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Congrats! The G26 was my first Glock and I love it also. The hump on the grip fits nicely in the palm of the hand and it feels really good. I think the G26 is a good gateway-gun that leads to other Glocks.

Try a 19 next. It's one of the best 9mm pistols to be designed.

I used to be a naysayer until I got mine.
I held a 19 today and for me I didn't care for it too much. I didn't like where the hump was placed in the palm of my hand. I might change my mind someday about it but the G17 felt better for me. The thing is the FNS 9 Longslide has been getting my attention lately.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Congrats! My first handgun was a Gen4 G17 and I still love it 1800 rounds and zero malfunctions later! As for night sights, I recommend Trijicons. I run the standard 3-Dot green nights sights on my G17 and they've been outstanding so far. Meprolight sights are also excellent, my carry gun (Walther PPS) runs those.

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
Congratulations! That is a very nice pistol.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I VOTE ameriglo.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Try a 19 next. It's one of the best 9mm pistols to be designed.

I used to be a naysayer until I got mine.
Agree. Check out the G26 side by side a G19. If you put a pinky grip on a G26 it has the same footprint as the G19. The G19 is only about 1/2" longer.
As for the TFO sights, I would like them if it weren't for that 3" long front sight,lol.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Went with Gen 3 G26 over the 4, it's a fantastic firearm.Btw, i also own the XD 9 sub 3".Not trading in either one of those badboy's.

;)

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats!
:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts