Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good deal?
3 hi cap mags
4" 40 XD - i inspected it very clean and does not look to have been shot very much
Paddle holster

399$

Relitave to what i've been able to find elsewhere around here the price is good (a new one goes for 499)

my question is this though:
when the slide is pulled back and locked if you look at the gun from a potrait view (i.e. you pointing the gun at a target, then rotate your hand counter clockwise 90 degrees) should the barrel be a little lose and look as if it is angled up slightly?

i cant find a picutre of a xd 40 with the slide locked back anywhere, maybe if someone could post one it would help /

thanks for every thing, i will be speding alot of time on this message board ..

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yeah, sounds normal. I've got the 3" sub and my barrel points up a little and is slightly loose. From what I've read, they all do this. And, $399 seems like a good price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is a very good price for a new or like-new gun. Since it is a pawn shop item, I would try to haggle it down another $25 to $50. You may not get it, but you ought to try.

The barrel is perfectly normal. That's how it should look @ slidelock.

-Zett

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
jo2jo said:

when the slide is pulled back and locked ............

should the barrel be a little lose and look as if it is angled up slightly?

i cant find a picutre of a xd 40 with the slide locked back anywhere, maybe if someone could post one it would help /

Perfectly normal....It is the Browning design that has been around for 80 years or so.

"Browning-type tilt-barrel design. The barrel moves back slightly on recoil, absorbing most of the kick. This design also allows much lighter recoil spring than those found in plain blowback pistols, so racking to chamber a round or clear a jam is much easier than with other models"
http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/p32/performance.html

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great!

thanks for the lightning (or should i say bullet) fast responses.

I will be buying the gun today, along with a tec9 they have (its a post ban so im hoping for a little better reliability).

thanks again

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Delija said:
jo2jo said:

when the slide is pulled back and locked ............

should the barrel be a little lose and look as if it is angled up slightly?

Perfectly normal....It is the Browning design that has been around for 80 years or so.

"Browning-type tilt-barrel design. The barrel moves back slightly on recoil, absorbing most of the kick. This design also allows much lighter recoil spring than those found in plain blowback pistols, so racking to chamber a round or clear a jam is much easier than with other models"
http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/p32/performance.html

Peace,
D.
Actualy I think it is called the Browning-Petter Cam. There are four basic types of locking actions in use today, the Browning link (1911), The Browning Cam (aka Browning-FN Cam) used in CZ-75, The Browning-Petter Cam (aka SIG Cam) used in XD, SIG and Walther P99, and finaly the Locking Block used in Beretta 92 and Walther P-38. There may be minoir variations but those are the basic types in use today in most modern automatics. And yes, the tilt is quite normal when the breech is open and slide locked back.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would go to the gun shows and get one. I just saw a XD9 service model for 399 at the Dallas gun show that is brand new too.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
$399 sounds high to me. No more than $350.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would agree to get them to "haggle" at least $50.00

$400.00 is what I buy mine new.

If they don't , do the gun show as recommended earlier.

The pawn shop has about $250.00 or less (IMHO) in the pistol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Bi-Tone 4" was $475 new while the all black was $435. And both were with 3 Hi-Caps, Holster, etc. If it is Bi-Tone, not bad. Otherwise, just an OK deal. I think you can get a brand new CZ for that much.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
New XD-9 Tactical was $449 here at one of my local shops. I would not pay more then $350 for a used one, depending on wear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im picking it up thursday and plan on going to the gun range and will let you guys know how it goes. I just picked up some:

.40 165gr winchester fmj brass

i had a gift certificate to walmart so i figured id use it on ammo, 15.30 for 100 of them.

any comments on this ammo's preformace or the price? i see that wolf (from what i've read is ok but very messy) .40 costs $14 for 100 from cheaperthandirt.com.

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts