1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CCW permit - check
XD9 Sub - check
CTAC IWB - check

Well, today is my first day carrying. So far, my CTAC is working out nicely and isn't uncomfortable at all. I've got it at 3 o'clock and I'm using a regular dress belt - saving up for a real gun belt. I've got one mag in with 10 rounds of Blazer, but nothing chambered. I'm not going to carry it chambered until I'm a bit more comfortable with it. And I'll carry something a little better than Blazers once I get to run some through.

But, all in all, the XD is a dream to carry.
I'm a little uncomfortable carrying at work, but they do not have a gun policy in the handbook, so I think I'm ok from a technical standpoint - I just don't know what my boss' views are on it and I'm hesitant to ask.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't what Pennsylvania laws are like but here carrying at work is legal unless you have been informed verbally or in writing that it is prohibited. My company specifically states in writing that it is not allowed. :evil:

You got the right idea not discussing it with your boss (or anyone else for that matter). Just remember it's a CONCEALED weapon, don't let it be seen and don't talk about to anybody. Theres always some clown around that if he knows you carry he will want to see it and try patting you down to see where it is. In my opinion if they didn't want you to carry there would be a policy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts