Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally like a heavy trigger on my guns if possible. My Glock has an Orange NY trigger on it. Is there a way to make my XD trigger more heavy like a NY trigger? I find it kinda "soft" and hard to tell where I am in the pull when I try to double tap and three round bursts.

any ideas to make the trigger more solid?

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Pm`s sent You can try a local gunsmith if they are good smiths they will have dozens of them laying around.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Asking for a heavy triggered pistol is like saying "I'd like a hi-cap autopistol that is chunky."

Hell, pick one. Easy request. You cannot swing a dead cat and not hit an autopistol with a heavy trigger.

-Brickboy240

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I was going to suggest getting a Kel Tec!

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I cant hit a target with my sig in DA. I cant imagine why someone would want that

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Try HK's...............

Rugers are a sorry pull as well.

No offense to anyone that owns these.

All of my guns have triggers less than 5lbs, even my revolvers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have absolutley no trouble hitting close to my point of aim with the 12LB double action pull of my SIG P225 or the 10LB DA pull on my H&K USP nor the DA on my S&W M19 revolver at normal combat distances (12 yards or less). There are some guns I've had problems with on the DA but the weight of the pull had nothing to do with poor hits. It is the smoothness of the trigger action that counts. Bad stacking, creep and wooden feel at the break are going to be more of a problem. I stopped using my CZ75b for IDPA because of this.

I always decock my DA/SA guns after loading them at the range so my first shot will be DA. Sometimes I will even decock after each shot from a magazine to get DA practice. I never cock my revolvers unless I'm trying to really tighten my groups at 25 yards but it only helps a little because I can't even see the bullseye at 25 yards.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NExd said:
I cant hit a target with my sig in DA. I cant imagine why someone would want that
I just have a better feel for the gun with a solid, heavy trigger. It's strictly a CHL gun, so exteme accuracy is not what I'm after. With a reall light trigger and I'm firing continous rounds, I can't tell if the trigger is halfway pulled, 3/4, or what. The XD seems to have tons of "creep" I guess you call it. the more I shoot the gun, the more I notice it and don't like it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Years ago I wanted to try bullseye pistol.

I thought that a good bullseye pistol should have the lightest trigger that was possible on the design of the pistol.

I started out with a .22 with a trigger that was adjustable down to a few ozs.

After a few weeks practice I found I could shoot better if I adjusted the trigger back up to about 2.5 lbs.

In some ways you can have more control with a heavier trigger.

I also found this to be true in smallbore three position rifle competition. I can do better with two stage pull of about 2lbs than a single stage that breaks with the slightest touch.

I also know of a couple of IDPA shooter that use Glocks with the NY triggers. They say they can shoot them better.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think most people who have trouble with a heavier trigger pulls (excluding guns that have bad trigger pulls) are pulling the trigger too slowly and are trying to stage the trigger. Once you start the pull, get it over with, albeit smoothly.

My son has a S&W Bodyguard snubby that has a trigger so heavy that the muscles in the trigger finger alone can't pull the trigger. The trigger has to be pulled by squeezing both the trigger finger and the palm of the hand on the back of the grip. Needless to say, accuracy suffers. At least there is a gun where the weight of the trigger pull can be blamed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts