Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The XD gear holster that came with your pistol is rather brief. About all it realy covers is the trigger. But I have found that you can still cycle a magazine full of rounds through the pistol manualy without removing it from the holster. (provided of course it is not on your belt) You can change magazines, chamber a round and switch on the thumb safety with it in the holster. This provides an added level of safety as the trigger stays covered. No chance of it being pulled during a brain fart.
For those of you who keep your XD in your car, under the seat, in the glove box or in the console, or by the bed, keeping the little factory holster on it makes the chance of a ND much more remote. It is very quick to remove if there is trouble and can prevent a forign object getting into the trigger guard.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Again, XD owners astound me with there cleverness. I would never in a million years thought of this. Brilliant! Bravo! Hip Hip! I now have an actual use for the little piece plastic. OK, now about the double magazine holder... what have you got?:D

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
OK, now about the double magazine holder... what have you got?:D
You can throw it at someone if you run out of ammo or if you don't want to shoot them! :shock:

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
146 Posts
The XD gear holster that came with your pistol is rather brief. About all it realy covers is the trigger. But I have found that you can still cycle a magazine full of rounds through the pistol manualy without removing it from the holster. (provided of course it is not on your belt) You can change magazines, chamber a round and switch on the thumb safety with it in the holster. This provides an added level of safety as the trigger stays covered. No chance of it being pulled during a brain fart.
For those of you who keep your XD in your car, under the seat, in the glove box or in the console, or by the bed, keeping the little factory holster on it makes the chance of a ND much more remote. It is very quick to remove if there is trouble and can prevent a forign object getting into the trigger guard.
Yup, been doing that for a while, especially since I don't hane the thumb safety model. Just a bit of added insurance to make certain I'm awake in the middle of the night, quicker and easier to remove than charging the chamber. (Off-hand thumb flicks it free, while assuming position.)

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
you can holster the weapon with the slide locked back as well with the XD gear holster, used it in my CHL class. not that they asked us to do that, but i did discover this, for some reason, i dunno, anyway

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the info in the posts. My XD holster that came with my 45C has been sitting in the gun case since I got it. It looks as if it is more practical than I thought.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since all it really covers is the trigger you can load, reload, shuck live rounds through it and manipulate the safety. Like someone said it is easy to flick off with the thumb of your suport hand. It even has provisions to attatch a light to it. this is the way to go if you keep your XD in the car. It also adds another level of safety if a child finds it.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
I never thought of using it like that. I think I'll throw it in the car. Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I've been saying for a long time, your pistol belongs in your hand, in your holster or in your safe.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
This is exactly what I do, any time I carry and am going to a restaurant where alcohol is served, I slide it in the plastic case and throw it in the locked glove box.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Throw the double mag holder...:lol:Non-lethal alternative before you shoot...LMAO

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't understand.

If I can't put in a mag, or remove a full mag and the round in the chamber with the trigger exposed, I don't believe I should be armed. Index your finger at all times, until you're ready to shoot.

I'd NEVER rely on a pistol in the holster as a safety device to protect a child from a loaded weapon. That's a recipe for disaster.

Sorry.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Good info. Nothing wrong with handling a weapon in the most safe manner possible, if that's how you feel comfortable handling it.

MUCH better anyway than pulling the trigger to see whether the gun is cocked!!
You can tell if the gun is cocked by just slightly pulling the trigger. If it's cocked the trigger travel will stop to some point, if it's not cocked, the trigger will feel 'loose' and can be pulled all the way.:cool:
Please don't ever do the above. This quote was made for illustrative purposes only and is not meant to imply endorsement of the above technique.
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/general-hs2k-sa-xd-talk/83950-did-you-know-one-more-way-knowing-if-your-xd-cocked.html

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
The XDGear makes good car or around the house mounts. I put my XD gear holster in my closet on a piece of shelving, it holds the gun under the shelf out of sight but within easy reach if needed.

You can do this in the car, at the office, etc.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've never used the XD "holster", but mounting it is inspired!! - attaching it to the underside of a nightstand, and having the XD hidden, but within easy reach (no kids in the house) is too good!
(I almost threw the POS away!) THANK YOU!:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Gotta ask...what's wrong with the holster and mag pouches. Granted, I could gather that a holster that covers the whole thing may be preferred, and the xd one is pretty basic, but being the noob, what are the issues with it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts