Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the range this afternoon to do some comparisons of the two versions.

The Gen 2 is a bone stock (AFAIK) police trade in with the NY trigger dingus in there instead of the standard coil trigger spring.

The Gen 4 has the Apex extractor (to fix the BTF problem) and Warren Tactical night sights, otherwise it's stock.

I think I like the Gen 2 better. Here's my video comparison:

(I do think the Gen 4 was making pretty consistent hits at the distance, it was just printing high.)

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just based on today's shooting I would have to say so. I really didn't notice the extra weight that much except when I was trying to rapid fire, and the difference was not all that significant.

But I'm going to replace the trigger spring and try again. I have a feeling I'll like it even more then.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Gen 4's are ghey.:D the ny trigger isn't that much heavier than stock without its spring installed. You will love it once you put in a smooth trigger and stock trigger spring. Do you do the $.25 trigger job?

·
Banned
0 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gen 4's are ghey.:D the ny trigger isn't that much heavier than stock without its spring installed. You will love it once you put in a smooth trigger and stock trigger spring. Do you do the $.25 trigger job?
Mine does have a leaf spring installed. I don't think the trigger would reset without a spring.

I have not done the trigger job. I'm guessing this one has had a few thousand rounds through it to smooth it out the old fashioned way.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ouch!

Now back to foo.c talking about Glocks!
LOL. I think I'm done. Now we just need someone to tell us how bad Glocks are and then this thread will be finished. (Happy ending or not.)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Glocks suck.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I need to get the smooth trigger for my 32, I'll probably order a 3.5 connector as well.

I do like the Gen 2 grip but I hated that NY trigger when I shot one years ago. Good shooting foo.c

·
Banned
0 Posts
It works without the spring, both my gen 2's came with out it just the plastic part and both worked.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Ok, which is better and why? Gen 2,3,or4 G19? :confused:

I'm buying one this week. Just recently missed an opportunity at a Gen 4 G19 for 500. :(

·
Registered
5,635 Posts

I'm buying one this week. Just recently missed an opportunity at a Gen 4 G19 for 500. :(
Gen 2 if you don't want finger grooves, Gen 3 if you do, and Gen 4 if you want different backstraps. Personally I didn't like the Gen 4 grip texture.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It works without the spring, both my gen 2's came with out it just the plastic part and both worked.
Cool. I might try that next just to compare. (I like to do comparisons for some reason, lol.) I have the coil spring coming in the mail.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

They're all pretty similar. I think if the sights on my gen 4 were right it would have been the winner just based on shooting.

If you don't need a rail then the gen 2 feels better to me.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So half my parts showed up today and I decided to stick them in the G19.4. Well, once I opened her up I could see that it already had a Ghost 3.5 connector in it. That explains a little bit. (I bought this gun used.)

So change of plans, I figured I would try a smooth trigger, Ghost connector and NY trigger spring in the G19.2.

Blech. Terrible. It might have been a little lighter but it was all gritty and stacky. I pulled the new parts out and went back to stock.

Here's a pic of my NY trigger spring with the leaf spring in it, and the special custom smoothing of the connector that takes 21 years of firing.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts