Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
So tragic and heartbreaking.

The state and the feds should all be ashamed at the mismanagement of land that they have allowed to go on for so long.

I have seen many pictures and videos recently that make me question some of it though. This is probably the first forest fire I have ever seen where the forest didn't burn but everything around it did.

A boat dock that is surrounded by water with many buildings and boats destroyed.

A gas station surrounded by concrete burns. While the gas pumps/island and the tanks are untouched.

I also question some of this because it's right in the path of the proposed super train track between frisco and LA.

Still, that doesn't take away from the human toll. It saddens and angers me. Not unlike the fire storm in Gatlinburg Tennessee year before last.

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
Is it possible some of the horrible after-the-fact wildfire photos has been altered? I see a burned out ambulance, (?) but not any burned out wood utility poles or plastic-rubber coated power/utility lines. Or trees. Or burned fur/pine tree leaf needles.

Retired CA fire service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts