Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is beauty in simplicity.
All it takes is two drops of Glow-On.

First clean the surface with 95% alcohol..You could use acetone but acetone might ruin the finish of synthetic parts.
Don't use diesel or oil..That is the stuff we are trying to get rid off first.

Just load the wooden stick generously, deposit one big fat drop of paint on the front and one on the rear.
Make sure they are centered in the X/Y axis.

30 mins later the Glow-On has the consistency of soft putty, now we can "flatten" the sights a bit with the side of a blade so that it can catch the light uniformly.
Now we have two small circles.

At this point, if it doesn't look perfect to you, just rub the paint off, clean with alcohol and start anew.
Let it dry for a couple of hours, apply a couple of layers of transparent nail polish of good quality.
The whole thing will cure in a few days.

Here is the progression:

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the best examples I could find about this .
Just Glow-On over plain iron sights.

Great photos from a good friend.
Beautiful photos and a beautiful piece.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
One of the best examples I could find about this .
Just Glow-On over plain iron sights.

Great photos from a good friend.
Beautiful photos and a beautiful piece.

The rear sights are still holding on but the front on came off in my range bag the other day. The great thing is i can just redo the front sight easy. This time I'll put a better coat of nail polish on it. Those sights were on it over a year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
With all these pics of the glowon paint spots on these gun sights, where these exposed to light before taking the pics? Do they really glow that bright if I just walk into darkness? Or have my gun at bedside each night? Or walking home at night, if I draw my gun from cc holster, will it really appear that bright immediately or only after it's been exposed to light? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With all these pics of the glowon paint spots on these gun sights, where these exposed to light before taking the pics? Do they really glow that bright if I just walk into darkness? Or have my gun at bedside each night? Or walking home at night, if I draw my gun from cc holster, will it really appear that bright immediately or only after it's been exposed to light? Thank you.
Yes they have been exposed to light first.

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is really the simplest, easiest way to put glow markings on your gun.

A small vial 10.00
A medium vial is 2x as big for just 15.00
A large vial is 4x as big for just US 20.00

·
Registered
66 Posts
Used this paint to make my own Straight 8 sights on my Xd Mod 2 45. Excellent solution, low cost and it works. Many have shot that pistol and do it instinctively and accurately. Glow On is excellent! Value , ease of use and durability.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts