Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after all my work on the ranch on Sunday, I got a chance to do some informal plinking with my new Kimber TLE II.

I stapled some "Shoot N See" targets to a 3/4" plywood board and put out a few empty gallon milk jugs and stepped off about 15-20 paces and let it fly (behind the barn). Ammo I had on hand was two 50rd boxes of Blazer Brass and a 20rd box of 230gr Hydra Shoks and a 20rd box of 185gr Winchester Silvertips.

Accuracy from the TLE was typical Kimber - very good. I did not measure the groups, but it put everything in the black using a 6 o'clock hold. The full-size TLE was a total pleasure to shoot. No jams or stoppages at all - it ate both boxes using the stock Kimber mag and two Wilson 47Ds. Cool!

The Kimber manual says to allow 200rds for "break-in" using fmj ammo. However, just for grins, about two mags into running the Blazer Brass...I decided to "try" 5 rounds of each hollowpoint...just to see what would happen. I was expecting a few jams. They all ran fine without a hiccup. The Silvertips printed about 2 inches high...but they were 185gr so I fugured that was why. The 230gr Hydra Shoks printed about where the 230gr ball stuff was hitting.

Everything printed groups around 2 inches and some were touching. The TLE II is a tack hammer. I then ran all the remaining hollowpoints through the gun...sometimes alternating the two flavors. Again...no jams or problems.

Yeah, this was informal and sort of last minute...but telling. The Kimber TLE did not give me a lick of trouble and was a very sweet shooting 1911.

I still have some "break in" shooting to do, but for a hasty late afternoon run through...I am impressed with this TLE and it shot like every other Kimber I have handled. the tightness of evrything had me worried, but I guess that a tightly fitted 1911 CAN be reliable. Who knew?

I'll report back when I get a more formal range sessions, but for a quickie behind the barn run-through...I am digging the Kimber TLE II and think I made a good choice.

Thanks

Brickboy240

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Expect the accuracy to improve as everything seats and wears in. The TLE is a fine weapon. I'm still trying to get my custom 2 to jam, I'm closing in on 10,000 rds through the gun without a single stoppage. It is still a tight but extremely smooth pistol.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
wanna trade? :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts