Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wantin to find out everyone's take on which seems to be the better of the two.
Which seems to be the best feeding...which of the two seems to be cleaner to shoot etc.
The price isn't too big of a factor really here...it's only about $.50 more at our wally world for the same # in the Blazer.
In my experiences with the WWB value packs with the "improved accuracy bullet"....my Xd-9 will shoot em ok, but I can't seem to get very good groups.
The CCI Blazer stuff seems to function nearly the same, however the rounds seem to fly straighter? Possibly not as dirty.
I have yet to find any of the two in heavier grainage....only 115gr in 9mm here.
Now my Xd-40 will shoot the 165gr. stuff.which is all they carry here.....not too bad at all..however again....it'll shoot the same variant in the CCI blazer a little better. I'm not sure why
I have noticed a difference between the two which for some reason I kinda like.....the WWB has the weird looking brass colored bullets...with the funny stubby looking .40 round.
The Blazer however has a copper fmj, with less of a flat nose to it? I don't know what that deal is.
What say you??
Thanks

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
FatMatt1981 said:
I was wantin to find out everyone's take on which seems to be the better of the two.
Which seems to be the best feeding...which of the two seems to be cleaner to shoot etc.
The price isn't too big of a factor really here...it's only about $.50 more at our wally world for the same # in the Blazer.
In my experiences with the WWB value packs with the "improved accuracy bullet"....my Xd-9 will shoot em ok, but I can't seem to get very good groups.
The CCI Blazer stuff seems to function nearly the same, however the rounds seem to fly straighter? Possibly not as dirty.
I have yet to find any of the two in heavier grainage....only 115gr in 9mm here.
Now my Xd-40 will shoot the 165gr. stuff.which is all they carry here.....not too bad at all..however again....it'll shoot the same variant in the CCI blazer a little better. I'm not sure why
I have noticed a difference between the two which for some reason I kinda like.....the WWB has the weird looking brass colored bullets...with the funny stubby looking .40 round.
The Blazer however has a copper fmj, with less of a flat nose to it? I don't know what that deal is.
What say you??
Thanks
MOST guns will shoot different ammo differently. IE: what my .40 likes, yours may not. Both brands are good quailty, I have not fired much CCI but I have friends that do and they seem to like it alot. The 9mm WWB seems to build up alot of carbon faily quickly. We shoot WWB 9mm and only reloads for the .40. Of the FEW commercial .40 loads that I have fired, I liked the CCI a bit better than the WWB.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
9mm Blazer Brass is only available in 115gr FMJ, the regular alumnium/alloy cased Blazer is avail in 115, 124, and 147.

WWB is 115 (value packs & 50/rd carton), 124 & 147 (50/rd carton only)

I can't honestly say I see any difference other than the Blazer is just a tad cleaner.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I like the Blazer Brass in .40 better than the WWB. It feeds smoother, is cleaner and seems to be more accurate to me.

·
Premium Member
21,335 Posts
id have to agree on the cci stuff is cleaner, and seems to funtion smoothly ,

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am new as well to the XD (XD40- SC) and between the two, I have yet to have a problem with the Blazer Brass. The WWB has caused ejection problems for me at least 5 times, none with the Blazer. Add to that the CCI is almost $1.00 cheaper than the WWB at our local Wally World, can't beat it.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I didn't know up until last week but the Blazer brass seems to me to be cleaner, and slightly more accurate in my XD. Not to mention it is actually CHEAPER than WWB at walmart. How can you argue with that? Plus it's 180gr in comparison to the 165gr of WWB walmart carries. Does that really matter? No, but I like the 180's better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts