Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two guns have a very similar feel to them.
Obviously the XD is much wider, and something you can't see is the MUCH stiffer recoil spring of the Kahr, you pay the price for a heavy slide on a light frame.
Takedown is a bear if you try and do it wrong or pretty easy if you do it right lol.
If you have questions or want to see a particular pic, let me know.

I only got to fire six rounds out of the Kahr before nightfall, I didn't notice anything particularly nasty from the gun. Hopefully I will get to do a more intensive test tomorrow.
The ammo was WWB 115gr FMJ. Tomorrow I will limp-wrist more of the same and do a rapid fire test of my "party mix" of FMJ and HP from Fiochi if I still have some hidden away.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Not many similarities at all hu, other than the bi tone??? Length, width, height, weight, capacity.

Two completely different tools for different applications. I did fondle a CM9 at Cabela's the other day. I really liked it, and it has moved to the TOP of my list for the "next" one. Good pics!

·
Registered
107 Posts
These two guns have a very similar feel to them.
Obviously the XD is much wider, and something you can't see is the MUCH stiffer recoil spring of the Kahr, you pay the price for a heavy slide on a light frame.
Takedown is a bear if you try and do it wrong or pretty easy if you do it right lol.

Similar ?? :shock:
Not really . More differences than similarities IMO . The CW9 is a more direct comparison in size .

I have an XDsc and it is a snap to takedown . Not in the military , but I'm sure I could do it blindfolded .

Perhaps you're referring more to the Kahr .
I don't have one but have shot a few and found them pretty nice .

Regards ,
George

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're hugely missing the point, they are very similar with the CM-9 just being much smaller, like a single stack XD might be.

Forgot to add a detail.
Many manufacturers are claiming the extractor sticks out enough with a loaded round to act as a loaded chamber indicator ( Beretta for one ). However in most cases the difference in the extractor between loaded and not loaded are small and hard to notice. The Kahr extractor though sticks out quite far when loaded, far enough to easily see and feel.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
You're hugely missing the point, they are very similar with the CM-9 just being much smaller, like a single stack XD might be.
I would definitely agree with you there Kaboom. IF SA made a "single stack XD", this is how I would envision it looking and feeling like. Kahr did a great job on this one.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
That XD looks twice as big. I've been wanting a Kahr for some time but can't decide on the K or the P series.

How does both compare when gripped? That Kahr looks like you can only grip one maybe two fingers?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Kahr cm9 = BEAST. prob the best CCW on the shelf right now IMHO as far as size, weight, function, reliabilty. and around here $425 NIB OTD. yeah, a little more $ than the lc9 but IMO a better firearm

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I have these two as well. Good comparison pics.

+'s to the Kahr
smoother trigger
weight/size = I don't even know I'm carrying it
-'s
take down tougher than the XD.
(Although the trick I use is to drop a sharpie marker down the breach face and close the slide on it. It's then lined up perfectly to pop out the take-down lever)

+'s XD
extra safety features
capacity
faster follow-up shots than the Kahr
-'s
Heavy. It's a subcompact brick.

No malfunctions with either. 300rds w/ the Kahr and over 2k thru the XDsc. I like the the Kahr so far for warm weather and will continue to carry the XD under bulkier clothing during the winter.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That XD looks twice as big. I've been wanting a Kahr for some time but can't decide on the K or the P series.

How does both compare when gripped? That Kahr looks like you can only grip one maybe two fingers?
The XD has a longer grip but not long enough for three fingers, so the real answer is two fingers for each of them.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, just finished off the box of 115gr WWB in the CM-9.
Kahr lore is correct, don't try to slingshot load the first few mags, use the slide stop to drop the mag or the first round will nose-dive. After about two or three mags slingshoting was fine.

Party mix of 115grFiocchi JHP and 115grWWB FMJ fed just fine in slow or rapid fire.
Accuracy was fine, hitting my two inch steel flippers just a tad low at ten yds. Point shooting was excellent for such a small pistol.

Bad stuff: limp wristing is definitely a no-no for now, stovepipe jam every time.
The trigger will take some getting used to if you're not a wheel gun guy ( I'm definitely not ), the first string of rapid fire was very frustrating, short stroking the trigger every time. Towards the end of the short test another rapid fire string went perfect, I was out of ammo before I knew it.
Some have complained about the aggressive checkering on the front and back straps, I could certainly understand this, the past two nights I was dry-racking the slide to help with break-in and my fingers were sore from the front strap. However, I experienced NONE of this soreness while shooting, I feel it would take several hundred rounds to get to the soreness I had while dry-racking. If this were a problem I could just run a sanding pad across the checks to dull them off a bit.

So far so good, I really like this pistol, puts a smile on my face and an enthusiast can't ask for more than that!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Ok, just finished off the box of 115gr WWB in the CM-9.
Kahr lore is correct, don't try to slingshot load the first few mags, use the slide stop to drop the mag or the first round will nose-dive. After about two or three mags slingshoting was fine.

Party mix of 115grFiocchi JHP and 115grWWB FMJ fed just fine in slow or rapid fire.
Accuracy was fine, hitting my two inch steel flippers just a tad low at ten yds. Point shooting was excellent for such a small pistol.

Bad stuff: limp wristing is definitely a no-no for now, stovepipe jam every time.
The trigger will take some getting used to if you're not a wheel gun guy ( I'm definitely not ), the first string of rapid fire was very frustrating, short stroking the trigger every time. Towards the end of the short test another rapid fire string went perfect, I was out of ammo before I knew it.
Some have complained about the aggressive checkering on the front and back straps, I could certainly understand this, the past two nights I was dry-racking the slide to help with break-in and my fingers were sore from the front strap. However, I experienced NONE of this soreness while shooting, I feel it would take several hundred rounds to get to the soreness I had while dry-racking. If this were a problem I could just run a sanding pad across the checks to dull them off a bit.

So far so good, I really like this pistol, puts a smile on my face and an enthusiast can't ask for more than that!
Thanks for the limp wristing note. I have a PF-9 and that seems to be ultra sensitive to limp wristing for me. I've been contemplating on the Kahrs because it's similar in profile but I am not aware that Kahrs are also susceptible. I would love to have one I can easily carry and not have to worry about limp wristing issues when in a SHTF situations. I wonder if the MK9s have similar issues...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'll have to stick with my XDsc the Kahr just did not feel good in my hand. Now if the Kahr did feel good in my hands I would have bought it over the XDsc.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love my CM-9, although I agree the trigger can throw you off hehe.
As far as deep concealment goes its a winner! That thin single stack makes carrying a dream in a Crossbreed or a pocket to be honest about it.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just to be clear, this is the style of limp-wristing test I do. If the gun makes it through this without a malf, I'm impressed.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just ran a box of 100 Win 115gr "Value Pack" through the CM-9, no problems with the gun or my hand lol.
Some shiny spots on the barrel hood ( normal ) are making me think of polishing the whole hood to match.

·
Registered
518 Posts
CM9 is an awesome little pistol! When did you get yours? If after Sept. 1st did you hear of/take advantage of the extra mag promo?!!?

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CM9 is an awesome little pistol! When did you get yours? If after Sept. 1st did you hear of/take advantage of the extra mag promo?!!?
I have the form but it's just one more round and I have heard those seven rounders have some troubles sometimes. Would like to get just another six rounder just in case the first one malfs when needed. Detachable box mags are the weakest link in the entire semi-auto chain of action.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i know, bad form for waking a tired thread but: i tried "limp wrist" shooting my pm9 and could not get it to stovepipe or ftf. all good! my friends didnt have any issues either and we tried federal 9mm walmart and a few win pdx 147gr. the only bad thing was his pm9 struggles to chamber a round had racking. he has to let slide slam shut (like kahr recommends) but mine is gtg either way. from what people say its a mag issue that can be fixed. think its same for cm9

1 - 20 of 29 Posts