Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Hard to stand up to the police if you don't have guns.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
This will be a big issue here in US in many major cities sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
The ultimate governmental control point. Shut down the water supply. You must do certain things in able to obtain water. If you do not do what the government says you get no water.

Like said this only works in very urban population areas.

Or ... a long term disruption of a municipal (ww?) water supply caused by non governmental means. Terrorism. Earthquake. Sabotage. Flood. Drought. Pushing the wrong button.

Edited extra; A well trained and drilled Fire Department is always aware of the above and constantly trains on finding, identifying and exploiting non traditional water supplies. Yikes!

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
In Oregon USA the State says they own the water. All of it. Also illegal as far as I know to collect rain water be it for drinking, watering, gardening, farming.

That being said the law kinda gets bent a lot. Especially out in the rural and remote areas of Oregon which are very dry. A thunder storm is not wasted.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Yeah they do, but I think it weighs a lot.

Or at least, they said something about it being heavy water.

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
In Oregon USA the State says they own the water. All of it. Also illegal as far as I know to collect rain water be it for drinking, watering, gardening, farming.

That being said the law kinda gets bent a lot. Especially out in the rural and remote areas of Oregon which are very dry. A thunder storm is not wasted.
You might want to brush up on OR laws: https://www.oregon.gov/bcd/Documents/brochures/3660.pdf

Summary of many states' laws here; State Rainwater Harvesting Laws and Legislation

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
Illegal without all the expensive permit and inspection process which is a permission process to use the state's water. All of it.

Same as an illegal but very safe standard septic system permit. Spendy. If you have to get permission for something then they own it.

Which leads to the conclusion if you do not go through the expensive and involved permission process you are breaking the law.

And why are you breaking the law? It is because they State Of Oregon owns all the water. Sheeple kow tow. Citizens try not to kow tow.

"Honey ... let's build our "dream cabin" in the woods. We have the thousands of bucks for all the permits. Lets go to the building department".

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Hard to stand up to the police if you don't have guns.
You have to know Mexico. It's hard to have a gun if you follow the law, but we're talking about Mexico. You're trying to apply U.S. logic/fears/teachings to a foreign country. Even if a cop busted you, you'd get out of it for $20 or less. If the cop(s) is a hardass, it might take $100, but that's about it. Would you follow the law if that's all you needed to get around it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts