Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know last Thursday I FINALLY got to take my XD-9 out for the first time. Took the wife and a friend of mine and put a bunch of headshots into a silouette. Was told if someone was high on something a head shot is probably going to be the way to go so I was practicing bedroom distances like 10 feetish. Did really well all together. I'll have to take pics of the target I brought home. Probably blew through like 150 rounds which for me is quite a bit. Shot some Blazer ammo and *gags* a box of Wolf which surprisingly my XD9 did really well with only had like 2 or 3 jams the whole time shooting and shot some other cheapy ammo but all in all did really well. Glad to know that the wife is very comfy with shooting and can handle the 9. Next task is to convince her to want her own side arm for her purse. Anyway other then that weather wasn't too bad was a bit on the colder side but not unbearable then after shooting the XD shot my .22 LR rifles that my father passed down to me that need a bit of recondition work. Anyway pics to come soon! :)

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Sounds good. Glad to hear the XD worked well for you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Took it out for the first time...I see you joined up here in March. Have you been holding out that long?

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I finally got my XD in September when our Permanent Fund Dividends rolled in for us woo hoo a whopping 3300.00 per person which IS taxed but I joined in march because I had been shooting my buddies XD and wanted to learn a bunch before I went out and bought one but I know I made a very smart choice. Now I'm thinkin of what pistol I want next besides a Remington Express 870 12ga HD gun. I am thinking I may want a smaller pistol for Concealed Carry but I'm gonna hang onto the gun I have for a while anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts