Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I enjoyed seeing the pics people posted so much before I got my XD - here's another of my little family:

Robinson Armament VEPR-k in 5.45x39mm [w/ custom handguard]
Springfield Armory XD-9 Service
Smith and Wesson Stealth Boot Knife [copied Overkill!]

Now I reeeeally want to get an OD SC in .40 with nightsights... just might have to be my summer purchase. Who knows - talk me out of it!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Right on! interesting rifle ya got there. I don't have a rifle in that caliber, but I do have a box of ammo for laughs. :lol:

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
tha looks like a H&K forward grip. Am I right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The VEPR is a dream to shoot!! So incredibly smooth. People call it "the cadillac of AKs". Very fitting. I think it's of even higher quality than the premium-priced milled reciever Arsenal rifles. My friend has one, and all though it's super sweet, the VEPR has a feeling of quality to it that is unsurpassed.
The barrel underneath the handguard gets incredibly thick, and the reciever was originally designed for the RPK machine gun. Basically it's a super stiff, heavy duty rifle made for sustained fire. I like the 5.45 caliber alot due to the low recoil and tumbling "poison bullet" ballistics. It would also be a superb choice for a 7.62 platform, since the handguard is exceptionally good at absorbing heat, and the weight of the rifle helps during rapid fire.

The handguard is not an HK piece however. It's the same one that Robinson puts on all VEPRs - I just modified it with some HK-esque vents and improved grip. Hail dremel!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I haven't yet figured out any acceptable way to carry that knife... Guess I gotta start runnin' around in my Texas **** Kickers?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. "Boot knife" says it all.

This is how I typically carry it:

Only drawback is that unless you're wearing pretty baggy pants, you gotta use two hands to pull the pant leg up really quick to get to the knife.
It's definitely too big to carry comfortably in the wasitband.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
nice shine on the tip of those boots. lol. Also, you might want to get a little sun on those legs. They almost disappeared in the light in my room. :lol:

Nice looking weapon tho. I like.

·
Registered
126 Posts
polloi said:
Since I enjoyed seeing the pics people posted so much before I got my XD - here's another of my little family:

Robinson Armament VEPR-k in 5.45x39mm [w/ custom handguard]
Springfield Armory XD-9 Service
Smith and Wesson Stealth Boot Knife [copied Overkill!]

Now I reeeeally want to get an OD SC in .40 with nightsights... just might have to be my summer purchase. Who knows - talk me out of it!
i think you have a little too much light, and contrast in that pic. :lol:

just messing with ya!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts