Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 3.3 XDE for a few years now. I bought it as a carry pistol and have carried some, but not as often as I should. I have a SIG SP2022 which I love and seem to shoot better with it than most of my other guns. I wanted to carry it but it was just a little too big and heavy for me. ( know that some of you probably carry pistols that are way larger than the 2022, but I gotta do me.) So then I discovered that Springfield had the XDE. Exactly what I needed. A smaller sized 2022. DA/SA with de-cocker and safety. Everything that I wanted. It even had a FO front sight which I love. I've added the Hogue grip. My hybrid holster was made exactly for this gun at a gun show a few years ago.

Very recently I've picked up a Hellcat. I like the smaller lighter pistol but I'm having a slight problem with it. I got one with a safety because that's what I wanted ( I know some of you don't want safeties. That's fine) The problem seems to be with my clothing pushing the safety off when I'm in the car. I'd say about 50% of the time I look down and the safety is off. Don't think it happens when I'm just walking around. Usually happens when I go from standing to seated. That has me going back (at least during this colder weather) to the XDE. I carry with one in the chamber, de-cocked and safety on. I don't ever recall the safety being pushed off on the XDE. And there is also the back-up 'safety' of the heavier DA first pull. Since it's hammer fired I can also re-holster with my thumb on the hammer to insure that nothing pulls the trigger back.

I shoot fairly well with the XDE. And I think it has a lot of positives about it. So that's my story.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I like my xde’s. Have one in 9 and 45. Its the only gun I carry appendix. I still find myself carrying my xds45 at 4 o’clock inside the waist band Most of the time. I have a Hellcat, still getting used to it. Someday it will probably be my main carry gun.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Man the slides on the xde's looks tall. I like the holster. Iv never owned a SO/DA auto but I sure in the heck would have no use for a safety on 1. Using my XDsc equipped with clipdraw. I have no problem carrying it appendix.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
I like my XDe9, it is my edc.

My son bought a Hellcat for his first concealed carry, and he might use it as bug for duty, hasn't yet. I think hellcat shoots fine but bit small for me. XDe better size for me.

Reactions: wbw

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm the OP. Just took my XDE out again today. I hadn't been real happy lately with my performance with the XDE. I also took my Hellcat to compare the two. I was WAY more accurate with the XDE. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the Hellcat. The problem is me. But in my hands there is a significant difference in the performance of the two. I was actually happy with my shooting today. I was hoping to move to the Hellcat for carry since it is smaller and lighter but that's not happening. I'm sticking with the XDE.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good looking gun. Question - the hammer is down in the pics, so does the gun have a decocking safety as well, or is the hammer down on an empty chamber? Or, would you have to pull the trigger and let the hammer down slowly to get condition 2 ?

·
Registered
187 Posts
in the picture the gun is empty, but when carried the chamber is loaded and use the decocker and you can have it on safety. The XDE can be carried as a 1911 cocked and locked, or decocked with the safety off so it can be shot in D/A or decocked with the safety on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts