Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After just purchasing an XDM 40 and shooting 250 rounds of ammo including WWB ,Blazer Brass, powerball, and Cor-Bon using three different mags I experienced over a dozen rounds that failed to feed. I am not a gunsmith by any stretch. but it looks to be a faulty ejector that is binding on the shell casing as it is being pushed upward into the chamber. While clearing the failure to feed rounds I also discovered the mag release to be extremely stiff when mags are near full capacity. While lurking this forum I see that these problems have happened to others and they have been corrected by Springfield. I just sent the gun to IL this A.M., so far springfield cust. service has been excellent. Its just a little disappointing having to send a gun off for service 2 days after the purchase, not to mention the 100% reliability/ piece of mind factor. Anyway wish me luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm betting you won't be disappointed when you get it back from SA. BTW, mine was back in my hands and problem-free 48 hours from the time FedX picked it up from my door. I was really impressed with SA's service.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Alright, good luck, and let us know how your XDm comes back and shoots. Springfield does have one the best Customer Service departments out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I thought I would follow-up with the same issue: failure to go fully into battery. Just the tap step of tap-rack-bang corrects the condition.

I have put about 500 rounds through the XD(m) and things are getting better with only one FTFeed per magazine.

On day one I was getting four or five failures per magazine, especially when topped off. I only filled the magazines to 10 rounds for couple of hundred rounds and that helped. I also stored the magazines fully loaded for a few weeks. Maybe that helped also.

I have had to return one SIG and zero Glocks for service on a new firearm. I admit I bought this as a range pistol, but I know as delivered it can't serve as a backup CCW or home defense weapon. I emailed SA about the issue and never heard back.

I am watching this and other XDTalk threads for ways to remedy this without retuning it to SA.

Ken

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the forum, y'all.

I'd say go ahead and return it to SA. It sucks to have to part with the gun for any amount of time but you will probably be happier in the end if you let them correct the problem
Fully agree with that. A brand new pistol should operate flawlessly and completely free of tweaking and manipulation on the part of the user. If you are getting frequent FTF jams you should send it back ASAP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts