Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't ever put the slide back on the XD without putting the barrel and guide rod back in the slide first. It is damn near IMPOSSIBLE to get the slide back off.
I know its probably common sense to not do this. I did it a few nights ago after adjusting my rear sight. I honestly didnt think anything of it. After moving the rear sight, with barrel and guide rod removed, I simply slid the slide right on to see what it looked like with the gun punched out. Of took me about a half hour to finally rip the slide back off. And I'm not really sure why. All I know is I'm not doing this again to find out why.
Pretty stupid thing to do. I guarantee ill never do it again. Maybe its just my XD, maybe its all XDs. Either way, don't do it.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
All you have to do is push the slide forward just till you get some tension (thats the firing pin grabbing the sear) then pull the trigger (the sear moving out of the way and the slide in an area to let the trigger bar reset it self) the slide should fly right off.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I remember doing it myself when I was polishing the slide. All I did was push it forward while simultaneously pulling the trigger and the slide just came right off.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i did it the other day while cleaning. i lubed it and was working it on the frame... couldnt get it back off for a bit, then i did like the other guys said, pushed it forward until the firing pin stuck out, pulled the trigger and it released... worried me for a minute though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't ever put the slide back on the XD without putting the barrel and guide rod back in the slide first. It is damn near IMPOSSIBLE to get the slide back off.
I know its probably common sense to not do this. I did it a few nights ago after adjusting my rear sight. I honestly didnt think anything of it. After moving the rear sight, with barrel and guide rod removed, I simply slid the slide right on to see what it looked like with the gun punched out. Of took me about a half hour to finally rip the slide back off. And I'm not really sure why. All I know is I'm not doing this again to find out why.
Pretty stupid thing to do. I guarantee ill never do it again. Maybe its just my XD, maybe its all XDs. Either way, don't do it.
I remember seeing something on the youtube video where the guy was installing the PRP trigger kit. He said you could put a small flat screwdriver in the rear and depress the sear?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.