Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abraham Lincoln wasn't shot by a Derringer, as so many historians have claimed. Lincoln was shot and killed with a Deringer (Philadelphia Deringer).

The early developer of the Deringer was Henry Deringer. They were a very high quality, innovative, pistol that was highly sought by gun buyers of the day.

The Deringer was copied by so many manufacturers that Deringer spent much of his life trying to stop the patent infringements on his invention.

In an attempt to avoid patent infringements, copies, mostly of inferior quality, were called "Derringers".

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Wow, thanks for claering THAT up for me. Maybe I will finally sleep better knowing that.

He was actually shot with a single shot muzzleloading black powder pocket pistol ;)

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
A minor quibble. What most people don't know is that he was actually resurrected as an undead vampire hunter by a sympathetic nosferatu named Henry Sturges who admired his strength of body and character.

You people probably also believe WW2 was started by the Nazis and would be similarly mistaken.

;)

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
A minor quibble. What most people don't know is that he was actually resurrected as an undead vampire hunter by a sympathetic nosferatu named Henry Sturges who admired his strength of body and character.

You people probably also believe WW2 was started by the Nazis and would be similarly mistaken.

;)
I am simply amazed you didn't manage to work zombies into your comment!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
I am simply amazed you didn't manage to work zombies into your comment!
You doubt? I've read the original texts and they're highly persuasive.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just thought it was interesting firearm history. I was reading another thread and thought few people knew this.

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
Which original texts do you speak of? Zombies, or Nosferatu?
Vampiric, naturally.

I'm just pitching a book I read recently: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, by Seth Grahame-Smith. If you like "twisted" history it's a fun piece of fiction. I also learned some real history about Lincoln by researching what events in the novel were real and which were made up.

My apologies to the OP. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Vampiric, naturally.

I'm just pitching a book I read recently: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, by Seth Grahame-Smith. If you like "twisted" history it's a fun piece of fiction. I also learned some real history about Lincoln by researching what events in the novel were real and which were made up.

Right up my alley I'll have to see if I can find it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Vampiric, naturally.

Its a good book by the same author who co-wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Abraham Lincoln wasn't shot by a Derringer...He was shot by John Wilkes Booth!

:p

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
JWB should have been five years earlier. Might have saved 500,000 American lives. :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts