Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the right direction of a good sling. I had a sling from Stag but it was the kind you had to loop through the sling attachments. I ended up cuting it off when I cleaned my rifle. I just havent been able to find a decent one that is easy to put on and take off. What do you guys use?

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Slings are like holsters. You'll end up trying dozens of them looking for the one that works "best" for you.

What mounts if any are on your rifle now?

Are they the stock "bottom" loops?

How much do you want to spend?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I like Magpul's mulitmission.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slings are like holsters. You'll end up trying dozens of them looking for the one that works "best" for you.

What mounts if any are on your rifle now?

Are they the stock "bottom" loops?

How much do you want to spend?
Yes they are loops, the kind for weaving a sling through. The old sling I couldent unloop the thing so I just cut it off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Look into the vickers tatical sling!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I just ordered a Magpul MS2. Ill give this one a shot. I just wanted something I could detatch from the sling mounts. Yhe type that you weave are just a pain in the ass when it comes time to take the rifle apart for cleaning.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, the Larry Vickers Combat Application sling is outstanding. It's a two point sling, quick release buckle and installs easy. Check out blueforcegear.com, The VCAS site has a video showing it also.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
OP has already ordered but for others looking Tactical Slings is old but is a good basic review of the various types / what for and why - you really need to decide what use the sling is to fulfill, having several for different applications is not unusual:

VTAC is easier to fine-adjust over various layers of clothing. VTAC padded 2 point Vickers Slings - Blue Force Gear Store

Specter SOP (Special Operations Patrol Sling) three point sling and provides a quick release
Special Operations Patrol (SOP) Sling

detachable style swivel on QD base: abt $6
AR-15 Sling Adapter - AR-15 M16 M4 by Combathunting.com

Viking Tactics Hunting Sling

a good hunting sling would probably suck at 3-gun use. I hunt - no competition - but got the VICKERS COMBAT OPER SLING, using side mount swivels, this carries the rifle flat (no mag / scope dig-in). Allows easy out of the way carry diagonal across back. easily slides around for cross chest carry and normal shouldering or extend with the pull tag for 'hasty sling' shooting or opposite shoulder use. I do have to reset length with adding/removing real bulky winter clothing. The seperately adjustable sections of the sling can be more adaptable than expected. Most pics on sites are just the main body and do not show the individual end attachments that are part of the sling.

Below is not my comment - copied from an article

favorite three-point sling is the Specter Gear SOP. Its wide body loop distributes weapon weight comfortably and the cross-shoulder buckle is easily adjusted with one hand. The Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling is the best two-point sling going.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Blueforce Gear UDC single point padded sling with push button QD mount is the sh*t! And it's super comfy too. If you add the adapter to all your rifles you can switch between rifles at the range with a quickness and just use one sling.

I have a really nice vickers padded cobra sling but it just sits in the safe ever since I got the UDC.

I tried a couple other brands, including the magpul ms2 which to me was too thin and dug into the shoulder. For comfort, quality, function & adaptability...It's pretty hard to beat the Blueforce gear line of slings.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the recommendations guys. Never get the sling from Stag, it is just a crude basic sling that does not allow for much adjustment. I had a hard time shoulder carring with it. We will see how the one I ordered workes out.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I just ordered the Irene Adaptive Sling from Missionspec. Will post a review once I get it.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Thanks guys, I just ordered a Magpul MS2. Ill give this one a shot. I just wanted something I could detatch from the sling mounts. Yhe type that you weave are just a pain in the ass when it comes time to take the rifle apart for cleaning.
Man I wish I would have read this thread yesterday, I have a MS2 in FDE just sitting around, I really didn't like it.

This sling can be yours in my upcomming 1K karma givaway specifically for the AR section of the fourms.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Blue Force Gear padded Vickers VTAC. Best sling I have ever owned.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts