Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, is there enough room at the end of the barrel to thread for a break??
Second, does the sar-1 have a single hook trigger or double??
I am just wanting to upgrade it a little and don't know the answers to these questions. So all the help is very appreciated.
My ak has the most serious trigger slap I have ever felt. I may also duracoat it as well. Oh I've seen someone had a gas tube with no furniture, just a rail, I'm interested in one of those also.

Thanx
BK

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
First, is there enough room at the end of the barrel to thread for a break??
Second, does the sar-1 have a single hook trigger or double??
I am just wanting to upgrade it a little and don't know the answers to these questions. So all the help is very appreciated.
My ak has the most serious trigger slap I have ever felt. I may also duracoat it as well. Oh I've seen someone had a gas tube with no furniture, just a rail, I'm interested in one of those also.

Thanx
BK
Yes, you can thread the barrel.

Why don't you look at the bottom of your rifle where the trigger goes in and answer your own question? One slot for a single hoot, two slots for a double.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you can thread the barrel.

Why don't you look at the bottom of your rifle where the trigger goes in and answer your own question? One slot for a single hoot, two slots for a double.
I like how you answered my question with a condescending question of your own.

But the real question is, if I knew the answer to your question, would I have needed to ask mine??

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I like how you answered my question with a condescending question of your own.

But the real question is, if I knew the answer to your question, would I have needed to ask mine??
So you're telling us you didn't look at the bottom of your rifle?
or
You can't count?
or
You just want us to do your thinking for you?

It's very simple.

The red circle shows the trigger hole. The two slots on the northeastern end mean that it's set up for a double hook trigger. If it only had one slot, it'd be for a single hook trigger.

Your single hook / double hook question is absolutely a no-brainer.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well nalioth is right about the trigger, I just don't think he realizes that not everyone is a AK expert.

If your getting trigger slap I would suggest the Tapco G2 trigger, I've got them in 3 of my AK's and never had any issues with them, counts as 3 US made parts. I usually just buy single hook triggers to begin with that way I know they will work in any of my AK's reguardless of the receiver.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Since I'm new to the AK myself, lemme ask another question: I've noticed in catalogs, etc. that certain parts "this counts as 1 U.S. made part" etc. Is there a certain number of parts that need to be US manufactured? And why?

Remember....there are no stupid questions....or so I hear.

Thanks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
There aren't any stupid questions(unless you ask the same one over and over lol)

From the law......

922 (r)
The Imported Parts Law(1990)
178.39 otherwise known as 922(r) 10 Foreign parts law on semiauto Rifles & Shotguns
WAIS Document Retrieval
Sec. 178.39 Assembly of semiautomatic rifles or shotguns.
(a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.
(b) The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
(1) The assembly of such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution
by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or
(2) The assembly of such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of
testing or experimentation authorized by the Director under the
provisions of Sec. 178.151; or
(3) The repair of any rifle or shotgun which had been imported into or assembled in the United States prior to November 30, 1990, or the replacement of any part of such firearm.
(c) For purposes of this section, the term imported parts are:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Buttstocks
(16) Pistol grips
(17) Forearms, handguards
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Followers
(20) Floorplates

So basically if your building a parts kit or turning a Saiga(for example) into a pistol grips non sporting rifle you have to have to appropriate number of US made parts on it, so as to not have more then 10 imported parts on the rifle.

So take a weapon that has 15 total parts, at least 5 of them have to US made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts