Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few old shot guns that I really don't know what I want to do with. I would sell them if I new the are worth the trouble. One is a Winchester Model 37 12 Ga. The other is a Revelation Model 350A in 12Ga. and the last one is a J.C. Higgins Model 583.17 from Sears & Roebuck in what I think is a 12Ga. because a 12Ga. shell fits in it.
The Winchester and Revelation are both single shot and the Sears is a bolt action and seems to work and it has a mag tube. I know the two single shots have been shot about 5 years ago, but as far as the Sears I did not even know my dad had it. Here are a few pics. I put my XDM 45 in the pics to show how long the Revelation is. If anyone know or can tell me someone that might know a little about them I would be very grateful. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Your JC Higgins was a Sears brand name made by High Standard

The Revelation was made for Western Auto stores by Savage

They were both very common, low priced guns from the 1950s-`1960s

The Winchester 37 was made from 1936-1963 in a number or variations. One variation has the name Winchester on the bottom of the receiver filled in with red paint. Known as a red letter gun they are more desirable to collectors. The other variation is the "steel built" gun which is what you have. In good shape they are worth $200-300.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts