Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Awesome looking gun... I love the blue and chrome accents.

BUT the more I think about it... I gun is supposed to look BADASS... and not "cool"....in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
what and/or who refinished that!!!???? that looks GREAT. that is the best finish ive seen.
are the engravings white or are they metal?

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Totally awesome looking!

If it was mine I don't think I would want to shoot it.

Nice job though! Best one I've seen!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Awesome looking gun... I love the blue and chrome accents.

BUT the more I think about it... I gun is supposed to look BADASS... and not "cool"....in my opinion.
it really doesnt matter since the only thing they will see is the big hole in the end not whats around it.

also if he doesnt carry it every day it doesnt matter. or if you conceal correctly that wont mater either.
a pink gun will scare me just as much as a black or silver one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone.

Then I sent the slide and frame off to Canyon Creek Custom for Royal Blue Gun Kote. They were then supposed to fill the engravings in silver, but somehow ended up filling the slide serrations too. I did NOT like it at first, but after a month of staring at it, it grew on me.

I wish I could remember who I sent the barrel & guiderod to for polishing... they did an OUTSTANDING job. I just cannot remember. I feel bad!

The gun is not a carry gun (I won't carry a ported pistol), purely a range toy. It has been shot quite a bit, and will continue to be a shooter. It is ridiculously accurate and a real joy to shoot.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Hope you don't mind but I just copied the fifth picture and am using it for my desktop background. :)

Note to self: You DO NOT need a ported blue XD pistol!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Those are some really nice pix!

Do you have them available in higher resolutions?

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Sexy!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice XD.. one of the my favorites as of date.. just curious how durable are those finishes? ill holsters eventually rub off that beautiful paint?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those are some really nice pix!

Do you have them available in higher resolutions?
No, these were just test shots for a new lighting setup, quick and dirty... so I just cropped 'em and saved 'em in this size.

Sorry.

verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice XD.. one of the my favorites as of date.. just curious how durable are those finishes? ill holsters eventually rub off that beautiful paint?
Thanks.

Not sure how they would hold up to holster wear, this isn't a carry gun for me.

So is it HDR? What program are you using?
I don't know what HDR is.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
No, these were just test shots for a new lighting setup, quick and dirty... so I just cropped 'em and saved 'em in this size.

Sorry.
I just asked, due to the industry standard monitor size getting bigger every year.

Those are beautiful pictures, and would make wonderful desktop wallpaper, but they look like postcard on my display.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts